Brewer Fanatic

2011-08-19 Brewers (Marcum) at Mets (Pelfrey) - [Brewers win - 6-1]

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was not score board watching rawbecht brought it up.

I was just checking fantasy stats and saw an insane amount of pitchers used by both teams in a 9 inning game. It had nothing to do with the score.

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Off-topic MLB side note:

I just got back from the Braves/D-backs game (nice to come home to see the Brewers game on MLB Network, by the way), where I was fortunate enough to have seats 5 rows behind the Arizona dugout. Great seats and great view of the game, obviously, but what I found really fun was staring at the lineup of coaches standing at the dugout rail. Kirk Gibson, Alan Trammell and Don Baylor, plus Matt Williams right there coaching 3rd base. It was just really cool to see all those guys who I loved watching as a kid right there, close enough to say hi to.

Nice lineup they would make, too. With Eric Young (1st base coach), you could go something like Young, Trammell, Gibson, Williams, Baylor.

How was the crowd? I went last night to see Lincecum/pick up a bobblehead and the place was barely half full. Good team in the playoff hunt along with a bobblehead and people still don't go. Atlanta is a weird city. I enjoyed telling my buddies that Milwaukee sold out their 1 PM start that afternoon.

To be fair, I do believe school in Atlanta has all ready started. I just went and looked Atlanta started school last week, that is early.

That probably has little effect on attendance, especially a night game. Not to mention adults are the ones who use the most tickets, not kids.

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

How was the crowd? I went last night to see Lincecum/pick up a bobblehead and the place was barely half full. Good team in the playoff hunt along with a bobblehead and people still don't go. Atlanta is a weird city. I enjoyed telling my buddies that Milwaukee sold out their 1 PM start that afternoon.
Crowd wasn't huge - 30,000 - but it was pretty enthusiastic. When they got out of a tough 6th inning, the crowd exploded like they had just won the World Series.

I've lived here for 12 years and yeah, it's not a great pro sports town. College football, yes. One problem is that the metro Atlanta area is full of a lot of northern transplants, so it has a lower proportion of passionate fans that a place like Milwaukee does. The population of the city itself also isn't that huge - over 170,000 fewer people than Milwaukee. The metro area is so spread out that it's a bit of a hike to get to games for a lot of people. But also, I think that the years and years of success by the Braves has made yet another trip to the playoffs sort of "ho hum."

Now, if you want to see something sad, go to a Hawks game in the middle of the week. I went to the Bucks/Hawks game that was the makeup from the snow-out and there couldn't have been more than 2,000 people there. My brother and I ran into an old neighbor from Milwaukee who had seats about a dozen rows behind the basket and at halftime we just went down to sit with him. We could have sat anywhere a few rows up or a few rows back, and nobody stopped us from making ourselves comfortable.

There were a ton of Packers fans at the regular season game last year, too, though overall the crowd is good.

To be fair, I do believe school in Atlanta has all ready started. I just went and looked Atlanta started school last week, that is early.
It's nuts down here. Some schools started at the beginning of August. August 15th is actually LATE for Atlanta. I almost feel bad for the kids.

That was no cheapie, either. Solid line drive.

Love the guys getting on him about the "beast." Seems like such a fun group of guys. Obviously, I want my team to win, but it makes me proud to root for a team full of good, fun dudes.

It's nuts down here. Some schools started at the beginning of August. August 15th is actually LATE for Atlanta. I almost feel bad for the kids.

My kids started school on July 25th in Chandler Arizona... Year round school... Crazy stuff!

Archived