Brewer Fanatic

2011-08-18 Dodgers (Kershaw) at Brewers (Estrada) - [Brewers lose, 5-1]

Maybe now people will realize the offense is in trouble. Everyone likes to ignore it when they win...

The offense has been less than what I expected this season, but certainly not in trouble. It's only in trouble if they're not capable of scoring more than the pitchers are giving up, which hasn't been the case lately.... also facing Kershaw isn't that easy of a task. They've actually had a reasonable amount of opportunity against him today.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow, I'm really disappointed in you guys. Giving up on a 3 run deficit after they have won 19 out of the last 21? Has this team not taught you anything yet?
Going down by 3, with Kershaw likely going 2 more and possibly 3, and the bottom of the order coming up, doesn't give me a ton of hope. Sure we could still win, but the chances are fairly low at this point. If we kept it at 1, or even 2, I would've felt better. Even though we've been winning on this homestand, we haven't done a whole lot at the plate. I'm just thankful for great pitching.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

how is it braun has 23 steals, but looks like he's out for a light morning jog chasing down fly balls? yet jerry hairston, jr. was busting his ass to get to that grounder back up the middle from carroll like his next paycheck depended on it. god i wish they could dh braun he sucks ass in the field.
What are you talking about? Do you really think Barahas' hit was catchable?

I think he's saying that Hairston was busting his ass on the play but it never seems like Braun does the same in the field. Not saying it's true but might look like it.

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Looks like Kershaw is going the distance today barring some unforeseen event.

All you really need though is to get a few guys on for Braun/Fielder.

That seems like a lot to ask from the Brewers. The offense has been near-lifeless since Friday.

It seems to me (without looking back at the numbers for each game) that during this stretch of low scoring games, the Brewers have had opportunities, but just haven't been able to get that big hit with guys on base to put up a crooked number. It happens.

Community Moderator
That seems like a lot to ask from the Brewers. The offense has been near-lifeless since Friday.

It's a lot to ask to get 2 runners on base in one inning? I get that the offense has been quiet, but that is a little extreme.

It's a lot to ask to get 2 runners on base in one inning? I get that the offense has been quiet, but that is a little extreme.

WE% of 12.4. Not really likely at all.

This is how the Brewers defense is "great." Two pretty routine plays made by average defenders are not scored errors. Because of that, people will think "oh they don't have many errors so they must be good." Also, now Dillard's ERA may take a hit, resulting in Roenicke thinking he sucks and he will now not pitch the rest of the year.
This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Community Moderator
WE% of 12.4. Not really likely at all.
I'm talking just getting the chance of Braun or Prince being the tying run, not about them actually winning the game.

So they have about a 1/10 chance of winning and maybe a 2/10 chance of tying the game. To me, that means they have at least a 40-50% chance of getting somebody up as the tying run (assuming it stays a 3 run deficit).

Well, I guess we can write this one off. Estrada did his job, the offense couldn't come up with a clutch hit, Loe and Dillard proved why they don't pitch much anymore. But in the end, we've still won 19 of 22. We lost a game to a possibly NL Cy Young winner. Forget about it, and go beat the Mets.

Community Moderator
Estrada did his job, the offense couldn't come up with a clutch hit, Loe and Dillard proved why they don't pitch much anymore.
Loe had 8 consecutive scoreless outings before today.

The reason he doesn't pitch anymore is because the starters keep going 7-8 innings.

Well, I guess we can write this one off. Estrada did his job, the offense couldn't come up with a clutch hit, Loe and Dillard proved why they don't pitch much anymore. But in the end, we've still won 19 of 22. We lost a game to a possibly NL Cy Young winner. Forget about it, and go beat the Mets.

It's hard to stay sharp when you pitch once a month. Also, two guys reached on plays that should have been made and one of which should've been an inning-ending DP. Plus, everyone knows Dillard shouldn't pitch to lefties.

I'll just say Dillard really has no use on the team, because he never pitches and can't face lefties. Loe's only real use is in game's like this and in situations where we need a grounder. He looks a lot better now that he's not a setup man that's for sure.

Archived