Brewer Fanatic

2011-08-18 Dodgers (Kershaw) at Brewers (Estrada) - [Brewers lose, 5-1]

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How do you not throw out Barajas?
Because it was an 18-hopper to CF. Gomez probably would've had an inside the park HR on it.
But he could be slower than McGehee.
This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

how is it braun has 23 steals, but looks like he's out for a light morning jog chasing down fly balls? yet jerry hairston, jr. was busting his ass to get to that grounder back up the middle from carroll like his next paycheck depended on it. god i wish they could dh braun he sucks ass in the field.

Maybe now people will realize the offense is in trouble. Everyone likes to ignore it when they win...
The offense isn't in trouble. It's going through a lull right now. And I know they haven't scored much in the past week, but today isn't the day, against Kershaw, when it's time to "realize" there are offensive issues.

Maybe now people will realize the offense is in trouble. Everyone likes to ignore it when they win...

Taylor Green.

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Bad Kam showed up today, looks like everything is up in the zone

I'd like to say we can come back; but very very doubtful against Kershaw

he looked fine for 5 hitters. Don't remember what the pitch to Barajas looked like, but the one to Carroll definitely caught way too much of the zone for an 0-2 pitch.

I asked this in another thread but does anyone know what our success rate on squeeze plays is? Taking out the missed sign ones of course, that's not on the coach on those. I was under the impression that it's worked a fair amount, but maybe I just saw the ones that worked.

Not sure what the success rate is, but I'd probably include the missed signs...it's all part of executing a complicated play.

I'd like to see both numbers but I'd disagree on the missed calls. That's not difficult. To me that's like a false start, it's a no play. Technically wouldn't that be a caught stealing or pick off if there was no bunt attempt. But we both can have our own opinions on this.

how is it braun has 23 steals, but looks like he's out for a light morning jog chasing down fly balls? yet jerry hairston, jr. was busting his ass to get to that grounder back up the middle from carroll like his next paycheck depended on it. god i wish they could dh braun he sucks ass in the field.
What are you talking about? Do you really think Barahas' hit was catchable?

Archived