Brewer Fanatic

Phillies fear the beer

JohnBriggs12

According to MLB traderumors, Phillies are seeking a lefty bench bat and a lefty reliever.

Now what would make the invincible Phils want a lefty bench bat? Could the the all righthanded Brewer bullpen have something to do with it?

Or why would they need a lefty reliever? Only thing I can think of is named Prince Fielder.

They're just trying to improve. The Brewers should be looking to get a lefty bench bat and a lefty reliever as well.

We already have two lefty bat options in the minors

Yup, in the minors...

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

The reason the Phillies should fear the Brewers is that we're the ones who handed Halladay his worst loss of the season...in Philly. 6 R in 6.2 IP. Last year, we took 4 R on 7.0 IP too. In other words, the best pitcher in baseball is vulnerable to this Brewers offense.

On a related note, it definitely seems like we got the city of Philadelphia's attention:

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/brewers/128052728.html

best part of the article:

But if the sagacious Philadelphians are looking ahead to a second-round matchup with our local nine, who are we to argue? That carries more weight than the fact the Brewers had the fourth-best record in all of baseball at the start of business Thursday. More clout than the reality the Brewers are playing with more confidence than Neil Peart at a village drum-off. More sense than the astonishing sight of the St. Louis Cardinals struggling to fundamentally master the game they invented.

It would be a great story if the Brewers played the Phillies in the NLCS, but if the Brewers end up with the #2 seed, I will certainly be pulling for whichever team wins the West to pull off the upset and beat the Phillies. It is nice to finally be in the playoff picture, and have other teams looking at us saying "we don't want to play those guys in the playoffs."

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

I really hate Hunt articles. He cares more about using big words and stupid references than the topic he is actually writing about.

If I was the Philles I don't know that I would be too worried about us right now. Yeah we have a pretty good pitching staff but they would still have the best 3 pitchers between both teams.

Archived