Brewer Fanatic

2011-08-17 Dodgers (Eovaldi) at Brewers (Greinke) - [Brewers win, 3-1]

and people were starting to jump on the Yuni train. The guy is terrible, and still lazy as hell on D
He appears to be a nice guy who works hard. I've never seen any indication that he is lazy. Slow, yes, but not lazy.
I don't know if it's the same on other boards, but there's a lot of "bad play = lazy" and "slow = lazy" on BF.net.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That a boy JHJ!!! Way to come through. Hopefully he gets hot and can spell Yuni once Rickie comes back.

Can he play short?

He has played there 138 games and 2nd 582 and its the position he has played more than any other than 2nd. He has actually played more there than CF so I think he could definitely be there.

and people were starting to jump on the Yuni train. The guy is terrible, and still lazy as hell on D
He appears to be a nice guy who works hard. I've never seen any indication that he is lazy. Slow, yes, but not lazy.
I don't know if it's the same on other boards, but there's a lot of "bad play = lazy" and "slow = lazy" on BF.net.
Yeah I don't think it's fair to call a guy lazy just because he doesn't get to certain balls. I actually take offense to that. Just because the guy isn't that gifted athletically doesn't make him lazy. There's no evidence that he isn't trying. A guy like Lopez I could understand but not Yuni. That being said, yes Yuni is pretty bad.
This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Lopez is lazy. He doesn't run out hits and gives up running to groundballs sometimes. That's lazy. I haven't seen any laziness from Yuni. His range sucks, but he seems to be a team player and at least tries to make plays.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree about Yuni.

Gwynn now has a home run for every 220 PA in his career. To compare, Counsell has a HR for every 132 PA.

fair enough....it will just go around in circles.

Insurance runs would be nice here

Hawkins should get the nod as the 8th inning guy if K-Rod is not available. He does have 18 holds and zero blown leads on the season. Saito has been pretty good overall himself, but he's a far worse 7 and 2 in the same situations.

That a boy JHJ!!! Way to come through. Hopefully he gets hot and can spell Yuni once Rickie comes back.

Can he play short?

Only twice as well as Yuni B. Which still makes him an average MLB SS. But hey its an improvement!

Archived