Brewer Fanatic

Standing Room Only Tix: Where to Stand?

FVBrewerFan

So I had to resort to buying standing room only tix for the last game of the homestand tomorrow. Where exactly CAN you stand? I know pretty much anywhere behind the bleachers is fine, but can you stand right behind home plate on the lower level for example? Or will an usher tell me to move on?

What is the etiquette for slipping into seats that are not occupied? How many innings would you wait? I understand it would be very difficult to "sneak" into really good seats, but how about terrace?

if you can, get there early and go to the right field loge level. there's about 7-10 tables right before the foul pole. they have 4 barstools each at them. i've sat there a few times and they were great. otherwise i always say that by the 4th inning if you've noticed unoccupied seats, go sit in them. worst thing that can happen is you have to move.

You can't stand in the seating bowl itself, just the concourse areas. And you wont get a seat in the field level even if it's empty. The ushers watch them like a hawk. Terrace level, who knows.. I like standing out by the Harley area.

Get there early and stand right behind the plate on the field level. Good view of the section for the families of players. Otherwise, try and get one of the tables as Bikeage77 described. There used to be decent spots around the outfield, but I believe the majority of these have been overtaken by advertisements and promotions.

I personally don't have a problem with sitting in an unoccupied seat, as long as you're courteous to the surrounding fans and surrender them quickly if asked. I've even been in situations where the seat owner has showed up, and people around me were nice enough to point me toward other unoccupied seats.

Screaming isn't appropriate, but it's certainly inconvenient to have to sort the situation out. It affects the bysitters in addition to those directly involved.

When I'm either directly or indirectly involved with one of these situations, I'll stay as polite as possible, even though it can try my patience… especially in the middle of an inning. It's easier to bear if someone's a section off or a row off. It's harder to be patient if people have to move because they're obviously nowhere near the spot they're entitled to.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

If you're standing somewhere and the seats haven't been occupied by the 4th or 5th inning, I think you're ok to sit there. They may still show up, but I don't know how I could be upset at someone if I'm showing up to my seat halfway through the game. Sitting there in the first inning would annoy me though. Not that I would scream at them, but it is annoying and a hassle sometimes.

If you're standing somewhere and the seats haven't been occupied by the 4th or 5th inning, I think you're ok to sit there. They may still show up, but I don't know how I could be upset at someone if I'm showing up to my seat halfway through the game. Sitting there in the first inning would annoy me though. Not that I would scream at them, but it is annoying and a hassle sometimes.

Yeah I don't have a problem if it's the 3rd inning or so. But almost every time we get to our seats sometime after 1st pitch but still in the 1st inning and there are people in our seats. I get that people want to sit in better seats if they are unoccupied but at least wait a couple of innings.

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Regardless of when you sit in unoccupied seats (and I agree you should wait until at least after the third inning), don't be the people that look around pretending to be confused and then SLOWLY get up and move out...that's the only time it really annoys me.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

I hear that! Even worse are the ones who want to take it further and act like they really DO have those seats. I think i'm going to take advantage of the situation and walk around a lot and watch the game from different angles, check out various nooks and crannies of Miller Park, etc. As often as I've been there, I'm always glued to my seat because I actually want to watch the game.

I think i'm going to take advantage of the situation and walk around a lot and watch the game from different angles, check out various nooks and crannies of Miller Park, etc.
That sounds fun. I'd be tempted to do that the first half of Thursday's game since I didn't think ahead and opted for seats that will be in the sun, but I don't think our guest would appreciate that.
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived