Brewer Fanatic

Biggest lead in Brewers' history?.....

UeckerAddict

Good topic. This popped into my head earlier this week. I think the '82 team was at most 4 or 5 games up. Same with the '87 and their hot start. A late 90's team ('99?) had a nice start. I remember the 2007 being in first in August, but forgotten how far ahead they were earlier until Fox brought it up Saturday.

Good topic. This popped into my head earlier this week. I think the '82 team was at most 4 or 5 games up. Same with the '87 and their hot start. A late 90's team ('99?) had a nice start. I remember the 2007 being in first in August, but forgotten how far ahead they were earlier until Fox brought it up Saturday.

The Brewers were 6 1/2 games ahead of the Red Sox on August 27, 1982.

Just for reference/perspective ...

The 2008 Cubs largest lead was 10.5 games during the final week of September. The 2009 Cardinals led by as many as 11 games in early September. And I consider those teams to have won the division rather comfortably.

Tangentially, the 1979 Brewers have the franchise record for being the most games over .500 (30 games) on September 29th of that year.

The 82 Brewers were 94-63 before losing 4 in a row and pulling it out on the last day (and also 92-61 a few days earlier).

Tangentially, the 1979 Brewers have the franchise record for being the most games over .500 (30 games) on September 29th of that year.

The 82 Brewers were 94-63 before losing 4 in a row and pulling it out on the last day (and also 92-61 a few days earlier).

Oops. . .you are correct. My mistake--31 games over is the record. . .

I missed seeing that on baseball-reference.com

That record is going down IMO........

For the Brewers to finish over 30 games over .500, they would have to finish 20-12. That's almost certainly not going to happen for a number of reasons. Hell, I'd probably guess 16-16 or 17-15 as they cruise to a division title.

That record is going down IMO........

For the Brewers to finish over 30 games over .500, they would have to finish 20-12. That's almost certainly not going to happen for a number of reasons. Hell, I'd probably guess 16-16 or 17-15 as they cruise to a division title.
I know what you're saying but I still disagree. The schedule is a joke.

I believe if we're talking about MILWAUKEE history, you're leaving out the greatest Milwaukee teams ever. I believe the Braves in the late 50's were over 8' games a couple of times.

Not positive though.

Will look it up later when I have a second.

I know this is about the Brewers, but it WAS phrased "Milwaukee history," so....just to be "that guy."

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

Archived