Brewer Fanatic

2011-08-15 Dodgers (Lilly) at Brewers (Wolf) - [Brewers win, 3-0: 3 HR, 4 DP, 1 triple play]

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What scares me is that the Brewers used up all their juju in this single game.

Did you go to the game yesterday? There was a guy behind me who must've said "juju" 20 times.

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

They really need to replace Telly. He's just awkward when he does interviews and he always stumbles over his words.
This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

It seems that more and more players are covered with whipped cream or shaving cream or whatever when Telly interviews them. At the end of the interview with a cream-covered Wolf, Randy told Telly to give him a hug.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

and the quick inning of work by Ax gives us 18 straight scoreless innings by the bullpen

Edit: Apparently Yahoo forgot that George is Wolf's personal catcher in their little blurb about the triple play

Fielder went home, where Kemp slid head first and was tagged out by Jonathan

Lucroy

Is this real life? I'm serious. Please don't let up, Brewers.

What I liked the most about the triple play was Kottaras' reaction: got up and trotted to the dugout. Inning over. Nothing to see here. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
It's no secret that the Brewers have a pretty bad defensive team......nothing's going to change that any time soon, but this game was an absolute gem by the defense. Whatever could go wrong DID go wrong for the Dodgers. One of those scenarios where the Brewers were put in position multiple times to make plays, and they came up on the positive end every single time.

Archived