Brewer Fanatic

2011-08-15 Dodgers (Lilly) at Brewers (Wolf) - [Brewers win, 3-0: 3 HR, 4 DP, 1 triple play]

Bringing Wolf back out was a mistake IMO. Despite his line, he hasn't pitched well tonight, great defense saved what could been a very rough outing for Randy.
+1. I would have preferred K-Rod. I wonder if K-Rod really did get hurt the other night...
He pitched since then didn't he?
Yeah, the play was on Friday and he pitched Saturday

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Atta boy Luc!!!

Doesn't seem like Lopez has much left in the tank, but JHJ would be a nice bench player to have for 2012 too.

Agreed. And how good could our bench look when Gomez and Weeks are back?

Hairston, Gomez/Morgan, Kotsay, Counsell, Kottaras/Luc

It will have gone from a huge weakness to what I would call above average.

What's this nonsense of Prince not being able to throw to a good ball home!!! YES!!!
I haven't read the rest of the thread (I'm only on page one thus far) so forgive me if this was already discussed. . . .

Prince got a good throw because all his bad throws (okay, maybe not all of them; how about most?) were when he was playing in and so he threw the ball high. On tonight's triple play, he was throwing from the bag, which gave gravity the required time to get the ball down to where it belonged. On all those bad Prince throws, he forgot to take gravity into account and was throwing as if he was even at the bag.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Atta boy Luc!!!

Doesn't seem like Lopez has much left in the tank, but JHJ would be a nice bench player to have for 2012 too.

Any bench with Kotsay and Counsell can not be considered "Above Average" http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/tongue.gif

What's this nonsense of Prince not being able to throw to a good ball home!!! YES!!!
I haven't read the rest of the thread (I'm only on page one thus far) so forgive me if this was already discussed. . . .

Prince got a good throw because all his bad throws (okay, maybe not all of them; how about most?) were when he was playing in and so he threw the ball high. On tonight's triple play, he was throwing from the bag, which gave gravity the required time to get the ball down to where it belonged. On all those bad Prince throws, he forgot to take gravity into account and was throwing as if he was even at the bag.

Yeah, I agree those throws were still bad, I was giving a rhetorical exclamation that Prince finally was able to gun someone out at home. It wasn't a perfect throw, but it was certainly good enough and he had a smart head to throw it quickly.

And McGehee really looked lost there. He guesses WAY too much. I'd rather see him try to foul that off or put one in play than the half-swing look strike three.

Atta boy Luc!!!

Any bench with Kotsay and Counsell can not be considered "Above Average" http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/tongue.gif

Still hoping we see green and gamel swapped for those two at some point.

Archived