Brewer Fanatic

2011-08-15 Dodgers (Lilly) at Brewers (Wolf) - [Brewers win, 3-0: 3 HR, 4 DP, 1 triple play]

AWESOME!

I can't believe they got that off when Wilson's flip was a touch high. I'm not taking away from what Wilson did (it was a great play), but usually if that flip isn't perfect you have no chance at three. Does this pass up Yuni's BTB flip as the play of the year? I think so.

It wasn't nearly as smooth to watch as the Yuni flip and Weeks barehand but can't argue too much with you as it was a triple play instead of a double play.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Funny, how one of great defensive plays of the year is done by Betancourt and Fielder, who are constantly barraged for their poor defense.

As they should be.

So much for defensive metrics.

I'll still believe what a large sample of several years of defensive statistics say over one play.
Gruber Lawffices

Casey McGehee may have a baserunning rival. I thought there was no way Navarro would be out there. Cripes is he slow.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Wolf is throwing a Suppan shutout thus far. He looks terrible.
I can see it right now: "Wolfie pitched great, hit his spots and made clutch pitches when he needed to."

I love good defense. It's a real treat to watch this team make a couple of plays like that in the span of two innings.

I had to mute the TV during Mark A's interview. Did he say anything of note?
He wants to get the Brewers top two picks signed, but expects it to come down to the last minute. If that wasn't already obvious. Also there is a new foam finger available, lol. So no, you didn't miss anything.

Archived