Brewer Fanatic

Probable Pitchers for the Dodgers

jjkoestler

Lilly vs Wolf

TBA vs Yo

TBA vs Greinke

TBA vs Estrada

I love watching TBA pitch as much as the next man, but I have a friend in town from LA and we were hoping to see Kershaw. Anyone know when he pitches?

"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

Yikes. I had my fingers crossed for Kershaw v ZG.
I'm trying to remember why Greinke was moved up to Friday. The pitching matchups for this series would be more palatable if it was Greinke vs. Kershaw and Estrada vs. Eovaldi. Not a huge deal, but it'd be better.

The Dodgers series scares me.

They are not having a good year but there is still a ton of talent on the team. Atleast we will miss Kuroda. Brewers have to keep playing well; Dodgers are a better team than the Astros or Pirates

I agree. The have too much talent to be this bad. Lilly really seems to be struggling lately as has Billingsly. I am okay with Greinke going against someone other than Kershaw because I like being favored in 3 out of the 4 games. With Wolf pitching better than Lilly lately, Greinke and Gallardo being better than their counterparts I like those first three match ups. Then just hope Estrade has another great game in him and we can scratch a couple runs off Kershaw. Even though it is a home series 2-2 would be okay in my mind, but winning all these games lately has made 3-1 seem like a good bet.

I'm trying to remember why Greinke was moved up to Friday.

I believe it keeps the Brewers from needing to go to a 6th starter to cover next week's doubleheader.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I'm trying to remember why Greinke was moved up to Friday.

I believe it keeps the Brewers from needing to go to a 6th starter to cover next week's doubleheader.

Yep. That's it.

Correct decision probably. Just makes the pitching matchups in this series worse, but it had to be done.

Maybe I'm missing something obvious here, but without a day off between now and then, how are we not using a 6th starter for the doubleheader? Someone has to go on short rest for that to happen if my math is correct. The DH is on Monday, then two games, then finally a day off.

Unless we go with a pitcher on 3 days rest, we're going to need a 6th starter (which I assume is de la Cruz at this point). Unless we're saying Narveson pitches in that series, what day is he eligible to come off the DL? And is there any indication he's healthy enough to do so?

The last time Narv pitched was 8/6 against the Astros, so the Brewers can activate him on 8/22, which is the Monday of the doubleheader. So I believe the plan is to have Grienke and Narv pitch next Monday, depending on how Chris is progressing.

"So I believe the plan is to have Grienke and Narv pitch next Monday, depending on how Chris is progressing.

"

Wouldn't Estrada still need to take another start to keep everyone on normal rest? It's possible by "6th starter" above, he meant someone other than Estrada or Narveson.

Archived