Brewer Fanatic

2011-08-14 Pirates (Morton) at Brewers (Marcum) - [Brewers win, 2-1, ten innings]

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is why Roenicke needs to learn how to do double switches right. He should've left Hairston in to play 2B, moved Counsell to 3B, put Kottaras in the 9 spot, and the pitcher's spot in the leadoff spot. Then McGehee is out, and doesn't make that error.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

Has there ever been a worse infield defense on a team that was 18 games over .500 in August? That's not a rhetorical question, I actually want to know.
Texas is at .979, second worst in the AL and is working on 17 games over .500

Has there ever been a worse infield defense on a team that was 18 games over .500 in August? That's not a rhetorical question, I actually want to know.

That would be pretty tough to determine from over 100 years of MLB but this has gotta be one of the worst. Speaks to how good the pitching has been this year

Community Moderator
I believe I read once that team defense as a whole has been steadily improving. I think now the MLB average team fielding percentage is better than the all-time team record from a few decades ago. No stats to back it up though and we all know how hard it is to quantify defense.

Archived