Brewer Fanatic

2011-08-14 Pirates (Morton) at Brewers (Marcum) - [Brewers win, 2-1, ten innings]

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, they had a normal lineup yesterday and it produced as many runs as this lineup as today.

And you could argue that the matchup did suit the situation. You could argue whether that's a good idea or not, but looking at Morton's career splits you could see how a manager would go with a lefty heavy lineup, especially if he wanted to get some other guys some time. We are 6 games into a 17 game stretch, we have the series locked, we're at home, we're playing the Pirates. If you wanted a chance to sit some guys on this stretch, I don't see why you wouldn't want to do that today then.

Maybe so. It's disappointing to see a .150 hitter and a .196 leadoff hitter in the same lineup irregardless. That having the series locked part is garbage however. You have to play for today. Don't concede a game simply because a series is already won.

Maybe so. It's disappointing to see a .150 hitter and a .196 leadoff hitter in the same lineup irregardless. That having the series locked part is garbage however. You have to play for today. Don't concede a game simply because a series is already won.

I'd prefer a full regular lineup too, yes it's disappointing. But I understand where the logic could be behind it, and I'm also okay with that. Nobody is saying they're conceding the game. You feel more comfortable putting this type of lineup out there today precisely because of the situation, not because you're okay if we lose.

I'd prefer a full regular lineup too, yes it's disappointing. But I understand where the logic could be behind it, and I'm also okay with that. Nobody is saying they're conceding the game. You feel more comfortable putting this type of lineup out there today precisely because of the situation, not because you're okay if we lose.
I'm fine with guys getting a day off, just don't like when they are grouped on a Sunday. Additionally, when the bench hasn't produced and you haven't given potentially better talent at AAA a chance to get acclimated to the MLB to improve that bench for such a Sunday. It's a fanatical rant. There's no right or wrong. Nobody is calling for RR's head. It's just frustrating. I think most fans just want the best chance to win everyday, Sundays included http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Archived