Brewer Fanatic

2011-08-14 Pirates (Morton) at Brewers (Marcum) - [Brewers win, 2-1, ten innings]

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply
(blah blah rhetoric) He has our normal lineup except for Hart and Casey, who brewerfan has killed for the entire year. So with Weeks out, this is the lineup we are going to have with Hart getting a day. (blah blah, more rhetoric telling us we're dumb for questioning such a thing)

Who cares if brewerfan has killed Casey all year...he's the #5 hitter and he was sat along with the #1 hitter for a couple of guys who have been scuffling all year long. You're at home against a team that hasn't shown an ability to get anything going and you let them off the hook by trotting out this lineup. It's 2/8ths different from the everyday lineup (sans rickie and the pitcher). That's 25% and that's significant. A couple of guys who are hot are sitting for a bunch of scrubs. Should we be shocked that they are a combined 1 for 8 on the day? You don't think the rest of the guys in that locker room don't get a little dejected when they see what's being trotted out there today? And for what? Simply because it's Sunday, they've got the series won, and RR is settling. I don't want to hear some rhetoric that this is the normal lineup sans Corey Hart, that's garbage.

Community Moderator
Who cares if brewerfan has killed Casey all year...he's the #5 hitter and he was sat along with the #1 hitter for a couple of guys who have been scuffling all year long. You're at home against a team that hasn't shown an ability to get anything going and you let them off the hook by trotting out this lineup. It's 2/8ths different from the everyday lineup (sans rickie and the pitcher). That's 25% and that's significant. A couple of guys who are hot are sitting for a bunch of scrubs. Should we be shocked that they are a combined 1 for 8 on the day? You don't think the rest of the guys in that locker room don't get a little dejected when they see what's being trotted out there today? And for what? Simply because it's Sunday, they've got the series won, and RR is settling. I don't want to hear some rhetoric that this is the normal lineup sans Corey Hart, that's garbage.

While I agree that the Sunday lineups are odd, history shows that the Brewers have won almost every game this year with the Sunday lineup. They have been remarkably efficient at finishing off sweeps at home. I doubt there is any impact on the clubhouse, perhaps it is beneficial since everyone gets a chance to contribute.

If you're going to use 4 bench players in about 5 minutes, why not have Hairston bunt instead of Wilson, then have Hart hit for Lopez and put Hairston at 3rd? Actually I think I just confused myself, does that even make sense?

What a pathetic job of team management today by Roenicke and Melvin. Roenicke trotted out a bunch of punchless hitters just because they were lefties and Melvin never gave him the option of going with Green and/or Gamel instead.

Yes. And Water is Wet. (No offense intended, just want to point out how frustrating it is when fans like us can see the obvious but somehow Roenicke & Melvin can't!)

Only obvious to those who believe they know what is going on. He has our normal lineup except for Hart and Casey, who brewerfan has killed for the entire year. So with Weeks out, this is the lineup we are going to have with Hart getting a day. Problem is nobody is getting hits and some just feel the need to complain about something. Morton has been good. Whenever the Brewers get shutout the complaining starts. Even if we have all starters in there, somebody will come up with some stats to say someone else should be in there. It is tiring and funny how some believe they know how to manage better than RR or any other manager.

It is tiring and funny that certain fans will defend their own front offices as the authority because they are paid for their services when other front offices who are also paid would do things differently.

Obviously I'm not going to complain in this instance, but does anyone else think the dropped 3rd strike rule is the dumbest rule in baseball? You're rewarding a hitter for swinging at a pitch in the dirt.
No doubt. Me and my dad say that all the time. Horrible rule.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

Archived