Brewer Fanatic

2011-08-14 Pirates (Morton) at Brewers (Marcum) - [Brewers win, 2-1, ten innings]

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What a pathetic job of team management today by Roenicke and Melvin. Roenicke trotted out a bunch of punchless hitters just because they were lefties and Melvin never gave him the option of going with Green and/or Gamel instead.

Not the worst taking 2-3 this series very hard to sweep every series
Against the Pirates it would be disappointing. Still not over yet I suppose.

Winning two out of three games against anyone should never be disappointing.

Fangraphs still had the win probability for the Brewers around 25% after the 7th, FWIW.

What a pathetic job of team management today by Roenicke and Melvin. Roenicke trotted out a bunch of punchless hitters just because they were lefties and Melvin never gave him the option of going with Green and/or Gamel instead.

Yes. And Water is Wet. (No offense intended, just want to point out how frustrating it is when fans like us can see the obvious but somehow Roenicke & Melvin can't!)

Still baffles me how this organization doesn't put the best possible players on this roster from their organization. I understand AAA is different from the bigs but I believe there is a clear difference in talent from Green/Gamel vs Counsell/Kotsay/Wilson/Lopez.

It's frustrating when you have no power threat off the bench to bring up to the plate in such games as today.

It's frustrating when you have no power threat off the bench to bring up to the plate in such games as today.

Actually, the power threats are on the bench, Hart & McGoo. The problem is the bench played and performed exactly how most anticipated.

Yes. And Water is Wet. (No offense intended, just want to point out how frustrating it is when fans like us can see the obvious but somehow Roenicke & Melvin can't!)

Only obvious to those who believe they know what is going on. He has our normal lineup except for Hart and Casey, who brewerfan has killed for the entire year. So with Weeks out, this is the lineup we are going to have with Hart getting a day. Problem is nobody is getting hits and some just feel the need to complain about something. Morton has been good. Whenever the Brewers get shutout the complaining starts. Even if we have all starters in there, somebody will come up with some stats to say someone else should be in there. It is tiring and funny how some believe they know how to manage better than RR or any other manager.

Community Moderator

At this point, there is no reason to bring up Green or Gamel, they will be here in a few weeks.

I personally have no idea if either would be an upgrade. I have never seen Gamel play in the minors, only in Milwaukee, and he was a quite unimpressive 3 for 26 when he was up here this year, with no place to put him on defense. Green has no major league experience at all. I'm not sure if there is any precedent for throwing a rookie into the middle of a late season pennant race--I would imagine it would be good to get him a few at-bats, but the idea that Green could outproduce anyone on the current roster is pure speculation.

Only obvious to those who believe they know what is going on. He has our normal lineup except for Hart and Casey, who brewerfan has killed for the entire year. So with Weeks out, this is the lineup we are going to have with Hart getting a day. Problem is nobody is getting hits and some just feel the need to complain about something. Morton has been good. Whenever the Brewers get shutout the complaining starts. Even if we have all starters in there, somebody will come up with some stats to say someone else should be in there. It is tiring and funny how some believe they know how to manage better than RR or any other manager.

But...but...every time the Brewers lose (or look like they're going to lose) it's completely the fault of DM, RR, and all the players. The other team doing their jobs and playing well never has anything to do with it!

Archived