Brewer Fanatic

2011-08-14 Pirates (Morton) at Brewers (Marcum) - [Brewers win, 2-1, ten innings]

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm sure someone (cards, media etc.) is going to talk trash about Morgan's stance on the sac fly there.

Tony LaRussa said it wasn't classy and he's going to file a grievance with MLB. Also he said that on the next at-bat when Morgan faces the Cardinals he will be hit by a pitch, but it won't be "intentional"

I'm sure someone (cards, media etc.) is going to talk trash about Morgan's stance on the sac fly there.

Can u describe?

He basically dropped the bat, held both arms up and then pointed to the dugout before running to first.

I could care less because the dude just hit a walk off, but people will piss and moan just because its Morgan.

C'mon Rockies! Win one for the small markets! Would love to carry a 6 game lead into St. Louis. Even if we get swept, we'd still be up 3. This team is special!

The Dodgers come to town next. Don't play the Cardinals again for about two weeks.

These past few weeks have been awesome. I just hope they can keep it going and not run out of momentum in September.

I find myself getting upset simply when they're trailing early in the game...probably not good for the inevitable 4 out of 5 they'll lose or whatever it will be at some point later.

C'mon Rockies! Win one for the small markets! Would love to carry a 6 game lead into St. Louis. Even if we get swept, we'd still be up 3. This team is special!

Don't we have a ways to go before then? Could be a 10-game lead by then http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I think we need a better lefty complement to Casey, and I think we have somebody (or somebodies) who fit that description.
It would be nice to have a competent left-handed hitter other than Fielder, Morgan and Kottaras.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Just imagine how good this team could be if Doug Melvin & Ron Roenicke did a better job with personnel and starting lineups? Using Hairston more and having Gamel & Green up and starting would mean that McGehee could be a bench hitter and Corey Hart could be a bench hitter vs RHP with Gamel in RF.

Archived