Brewer Fanatic

Carlos Zambrano retires

ryne100

I saw this story as only a series of tweets, thus far. Haven't seen anything official. More to come on this story, I'm sure, but, like Favre, I won't believe it until I see it. I hate that I have to be a "doubting Thomas" on these types of stories but I've been fooled too many times in the past.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

MLB Network quoted Manager Mike Quade as saying he has no idea where Zambrano is and that he let 24 guys down.

This will turn out well...

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Here's the MLB.com story:

http://milwaukee.brewers....ey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb

He gave up 5 HR total. He hit Uggla the next AB after Uggla's HR. Then later after Chipper had homered, tried to hit him twice and was immediately ejected, and the ump was right on top of preventing yet another brawl from happening. Excellent handling by the ump, other than maybe he should've tossed Zambrano after the first pitch that nearly got Chipper. I suppose you have to give the benefit of the doubt though.

Dude seriously needs to take some anger management classes.
Actually, he did. Looks like he needs to go back for a Masters.
I was going to say, needs to take anger management classes again.

I partly wish this had come vs. the Brewers, though I'll be surprised if the "retirement" really takes.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I hope he doesn't retire. I want the Cubs to continue to have to deal with that anchor of a contract around their necks. The longer they're paying $19M per year to guys like Zambrano, the longer it will take for them to be the Yankees of the Midwest.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I hope he doesn't retire. I want the Cubs to continue to have to deal with that anchor of a contract around their necks. The longer they're paying $19M per year to guys like Zambrano, the longer it will take for them to be the Yankees of the Midwest.

Yankees of the midwest? The team that hasn't won a world series since 1908, or been to one since 1945?

Was your post supposed to be in blue?

In all seriousness If I were the GM I'd have a fake we want you back talk to get him tee'd off enough to sign the official retirement papers right in front of me (I'd bring them along). It would be right up there with getting Kenny Williams to claim Alex Rios on the scale of bad GM bailouts.

Yankees of the midwest? The team that hasn't won a world series since 1908, or been to one since 1945?

Was your post supposed to be in blue?

They have the market-size/ fanbase/ money to buy an annual playoffs a'la the Yankees and Red Sox, they just haven't managed their advantage well. Logically, you'd think someday that will change, but contracts like Zambrano's are what help keep that situation from happening.

"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

Archived