Brewer Fanatic

2011-08-12 Pirates (Maholm) at Brewers (Greinke) - [Brewers win, 7-2; K-Rod first MLB hit]

Yeah, keep going to games, umphrey.

Speaking of the big screen, the Family Section Family of the Game sat right behind us, so when they were on the big screen, we were too. I thought quickly and put up a brief T before they zoomed in on the family and blocked my face with the family name. A camera operator returned to film the same family during the 7th inning stretch, and captured my left ear and left side of my cap in his shot.

The junior announcer and his family were a few rows in front of us, and the crazy cap shuffle contestant was across the aisle in the next section. It was like we were at the center of the MP fan experience universe.

Even without that component, it was a fun night. My Greinke fan crush has escalated exponentially. For some reason that I can't explain and won't pretend makes sense, the retro uniforms helped. In the 8th, I was just about to say, "Joe Beimel...I remember him," when bomb, bomb, he was gone, with his ERA raised about half a run.

I understand why they hoped to go with just one reliever after Zack, but when K-Rod stepped into the batter's box, I immediately thought of Todd Coffey's at-bat last year that didn't turn out well for him. I thought there would be more angst over that move in this IGT, but maybe a lot of you were at the game.

It's crazy, but the hawing party has already clinched a 2011 winning record in regular-season games attended. On August 12! Don't let up, Brewers.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Myday2001 20 game pack to date only has 1 loss... (and it was a game the In-laws was at)

Personally, the wife and I are 13-1 on the year.

Its so fun this year.

Hawing, wife and I got put on the big screen during Loe's warmup pitches.... took a while, but we caught camera's guy attention and got him to put the two boys next to us on the board.. Those two boys had quite a night. One got a foul ball (during the AB that became Greinke's only walk) Was really a fun night.

You knew me as Myday2001.

Archived