Brewer Fanatic

2011-08-11 Brewers (Gallardo) at Cardinals (Carpenter) - 7:15 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-2]

My point is simply that sometimes the manager deserves the benefit of the doubt. Just because the stats don't corroborate a decision does not mean it's the wrong decision, at least not in this case.

Even if Braun shouldn't be playing there are better choices than Kotsay in LF and the 3 hole.

These comments are getting tiring. Kotsay has not been the problem tonight. If Kotsay is in the 3-hole every night, I would agree with the gripping. But for at least tonight, Kotsay has proven RR right. It is time to move on and watch the rest of game...

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Actually, Bill, having played the positions for 20 years, you do not try to get everything you can get. Anything from you to the bag is yours and anything beyond a step to your right is the 2nd basemans. It is better for you to cover the bag then hope that the pitcher will get there and the throw will hit him on stride.

Actually, Bill, having played the positions for 20 years, you do not try to get everything you can get. Anything from you to the bag is yours and anything beyond a step to your right is the 2nd basemans. It is better for you to cover the bag then hope that the pitcher will get there and the throw will hit him on stride.
Um what, how often will the 2nd baseman get to a ball 2 steps to the 1B's right? You get everything you can and let the pitcher cover the base.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I can handle getting beat, but playing like crap and not being competitive just sucks.
Yeah, we've been pretty spoiled the last few weeks......but this game is ugly. Poor pitching from Yo, the defense is letting him down, and the offense isn't coming up with any timely hits.

Um what, how often will the 2nd baseman get to a ball 2 steps to the 1B's right? You get everything you can and let the pitcher cover the base.
With a dead pull hitter and the defense they had lined up, you let the 2nd basemen handle the ball and worry about getting back to first. I was always taught that anything 1-2 steps to the right is fine, but if I have to stride to let it go. A good 2nd baseman will be able to get there, unless the defense is turned over towards short. I would also add, when you are a glovesmith like Prince, just let those go.

Ok Ron, the good thing about tonight's game is that you can OBVIOUSLY see now that Felipe Lopez shouldn't be on the roster, let alone starting. Please take notice and help us moving forward. Even better, DM make the move to DFA.

Thanks, bf.net

Archived