Brewer Fanatic

2011-08-11 Brewers (Gallardo) at Cardinals (Carpenter) - 7:15 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-2]

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the guy who is around all of these players every single day, can't accurately gauge who is ready to succeed.

You are right. Kotsay's .304 OBP and .330 SLG proves the manager knows when Kotsay will succeed.

You completely missed his point.

I believe his point is the manager somehow has more access so he will know when a player is more likely to succeed. The results dispute that assumption. The manager may know when a player is more likely to succeed. My point is that the manager fails to take into account the difference in actual talent.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

the guy who is around all of these players every single day, can't accurately gauge who is ready to succeed.

You are right. Kotsay's .304 OBP and .330 SLG proves the manager knows when Kotsay will succeed.

You completely missed his point.

I believe his point is the manager somehow has more access so he will know when a player is more likely to succeed. The results dispute that assumption. The manager may know when a player is more likely to succeed. My point is that the manager fails to take into account the difference in actual talent.

You don't think RRR knows that Braun is better than Kotsay?

My point is simply that sometimes the manager deserves the benefit of the doubt. Just because the stats don't corroborate a decision does not mean it's the wrong decision, at least not in this case. Sometimes there are factors that we, as fans, can't and don't know about. At some point, you just have to put some faith in the person running the team. When two people reason from two different bases of evidence, it's likely that they'll come to different conclusions.

What DOES Hairston have to do to get playing time on this team? He's a better option than 4 of the guys out there tonight in a game that essentially is worth 2 games in the standings.
I think Roenicke just sticks with whichever guy he has first. Yuni, Kotsay, Lopez...

Carpenter's breaking ball looks really good tonight. But then I remember at MP where he was cruising giving up absolutely nothing and then imploded in one big inning. Let's hope we can get that again tonight.

He has now given up 8 baserunners in 3.1 innings. He is definitely not cruising

Carpenter's breaking ball looks really good tonight. But then I remember at MP where he was cruising giving up absolutely nothing and then imploded in one big inning. Let's hope we can get that again tonight.

No, I said he was cruising at Miller Park. Tonight I said his breaking ball is really good so it's getting him big outs.

No, I said he was cruising at Miller Park. Tonight I said his breaking ball is really good so it's getting him big outs.
Sorry misread. I thought you meant he was cruising like he was at Miller Park.

Sorry misread. I thought you meant he was cruising like he was at Miller Park.
No worries. Not my most concise and well-written post. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Archived