Brewer Fanatic

2011 Playoff Tickets? (Season ticket holders invoiced 8/15 for NLDS + NLCS)

So for the lottery is it that you can buy 4 tickets for one game, or spread the 4 over both games? I was a little confused by that. Although it's probably easier to just try for 4 to one game either way, assuming you need that many.
They make it sound like you can get 4 tix for each game, but I have no idea how easy that'll be. I'm sure the website will be hit pretty hard...

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As far as the barcode thing... I know its paranoia..

But I do not think it's wise to post a picture of the ticket set online...

I just have this fear of someone being able to grab the pic, and somehow use my ticket...

So I'm just going to wait til after the WS to show the world proof that the Brewers are that awesome to me.

You knew me as Myday2001.

Do they even offer you a chance to sit where you like? I realize that these are probably nosebleed type tickets, but I'm just curious if they give us any options.

I have never been lucky enough to win, but I would assume they are all going to be high rows in Terrace reserve, since season ticket holders on stub hub are selling as high as row 24 of sections 436 and 408 and also selling tickets as far out as section 440.

Y'now that makes me realize winning that lottery is no big deal, it just means you get to buy tickets for $30 that will probably end up at about $40, or $50 at worst, on stub hub or craigslist.

Most of these questions are answered on the lottery registration page: http://milwaukee.brewers....ostseason_tixop_form.jsp

The NLDS winners will have the opportunity to purchase up to four (4) tickets to one game of the 2011 NLDS

Tickets will be available to winners on a first-come, first served basis only while tickets remain.

Winners may not transfer this purchase opportunity.

I have seen people trying to sell their rights on craigslist, one thought he should get $300.

I haven't gotten a rejection or congratulations email. Does that mean I messed up entering?

...and thanks for thinking of me and offering to send me your winning ticket, Brewcrewin07. You're the best!

I didn't receive a rejection or a congratulations email either. My wife received a rejection email. I'm assuming I did not win either.

Now that someone mentioned the back of the postseason folder I'm looking at it and its really interesting. Bleacher tickets are $10 more expensive than Terr Resv for NLDS, $25 cheaper for the World Series.

I don't think I'd assume that all available tickets will be Terr Resv. A lot of 20 game holders are Terr Resv - that means 4 people "per seat." If each of those people purchased postseason, they have find a place for each of those people. Also, they don't upgrade you. If you're in Loge or Terr Box and they don't have seats for you, they bump you to Terr Resv.

My guess is that sections like Loge and Field Outfield - which are pretty much empty on non-sellout night - will be available. They don't really have SSH out there.

When I received my tickets I posted a pic on twitter and I just put a pen over each of the barcodes, so they couldn't be seen. When they were on TV, I asked them to blur the barcode. But my seat locations were on both twitter and TV. But I blog under my real name and tweet constantly. I figure if someone wanted to stalk me, they'd be able to do it more cheaply than at a postseason game.

Does anyone know the projected dates/times for the games? I've got some conflicts and don't want to register for a game that I would not be able to attend. I'm guessing that the "typical" start times get thrown out the window for the playoffs. It looks like the NLDS first round may start Saturday Oct 1, which would interfere with the Wisconsin-Nebraska game if it is at night...would MLB schedule around this?

As has been mentioned, times won't be set until all seedings are set so probably not until Wednesday night at the earliest. If STL and ATL have a playoff, probably not until Thursday night.

And I don't think MLB cares about football games when it comes to scheduling. They care about setting the big market games in the best time slots.
This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Also, they don't upgrade you. If you're in Loge or Terr Box and they don't have seats for you, they bump you to Terr Resv.

My guess is that sections like Loge and Field Outfield - which are pretty much empty on non-sellout night - will be available. They don't really have SSH out there.

Are you saying if, say, I had a 20 game season ticket package in Loge infield and they didn't have playoff seats in that section for me that I would get Terrace Reserve seats, rather than loge outfield? Then they would turn around and sell the loge outfield seats to some random lottery winner? That would seem like a pretty rotten way to treat their season ticket holders.

The lottery winners do not have tickets yet, right? So all the stub hub tickets are from season ticket holders. Rows as high as 28 in field outfield and 20 in loge outfield are listed. So those sections seem likely to be pretty much gone.

I believe 9 pack holders got to buy some playoff tickets too, some of them probably have field/loge/club outfield seats.

The guide on TV says the NLDS games on Saturday are scheduled for 11, 230, 6, and 930 CST.

(that's all 4 games, so both ALDS and NLDS)

But if the games are in NY, Detroit/Texas, Philadelphia, and Milwaukee (all eastern and central time zones) they are not going to start a game 9:30 central (10:30 eastern), are they?

Another reason to hope the Brewers win home field is that if they play in AZ, it would be the 9:30 pm game, since that would be 7:30 in AZ.

All I'm having is problems. 17 minutes in their virtual lobby followed by 10 minutes of We're sorry, we were unable to process your request due to high transaction volumes. Please try to submit your request again.
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

I was using Firefox and it just sat in the Virtual Lobby. I tried Internet Explorer just now and it let me in IMMEDIATELY. However, it's saying "we're unable to process your request due to high transaction volumes". Isn't this 2011? They still don't have mass online ordering figured out yet?

Are you saying if, say, I had a 20 game season ticket package in Loge infield and they didn't have playoff seats in that section for me that I would get Terrace Reserve seats, rather than loge outfield? Then they would turn around and sell the loge outfield seats to some random lottery winner? That would seem like a pretty rotten way to treat their season ticket holders.

My season tickets are in the loge infield and I got put in the loge outfield for the playoffs.

I had no problems. 4 Tix section 235 for the second home game. Which day would that land on? I know it would be different if we play the Phillies or Arizona but I am just looking for a rough estimate. Also, are you able to buy tix for the next round soon?

Assuming no rainouts, it will be either Sunday or Wednesday, depending on home field advantage.

I picked up 2 infield box seats in 111 for game 5, and my dad got 2 in 425 for game 2.

Edit: I had a 20 game pack in the infield box in 2008, and my playoff tix were in the outfield box.

"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

Archived