Brewer Fanatic

2011 Playoff Tickets? (Season ticket holders invoiced 8/15 for NLDS + NLCS)

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone want to guess what the 2nd hand market will look like for post season tickets this year? I just went back to see what I paid for tickets in 2008, and I paid $147.50 for 2 tickets in row one, 423 (behind home plate).
20Fry : April 2006 - March 2012

I'd assume prices will be all over the map, just like they were in 2008.

I think I paid $180 for 3 tickets in row 6 of section 322, might have been $200, but I don't think so. I do know I did not pay too much over face value and face was $55. This was for the second home game.

Since it's our favorite level, I'd be interested to know what the face value for club level is this year for NLDS, NLCS, and WS?

If you are looking for a decent price I think a Sunday game when football is on is your best bet. Game 2 on a Sunday against the Phillies in 2008 was much cheaper than game 1.

Bear in mind that the 'second home game' in 2008 was an "if necessary" game 4, and wasn't a sure thing until the Saturday game ended.

If the Brewers have home field advantage in a 2011 NLDS, they'll definitely play both Saturday and Sunday, as those are truly Games 1 and 2 in the series.

I realize that football makes a difference too, but I think the "if necessary" component - combined with the Brewers' losses in games 1 and 2 - also contributed to the relative value of that second home game.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

This year we are also likely to know that there will even be a game 1 much earlier than in 2008. There may be about 2 weeks available for selling tickets to both game 1 and game 2. I would guess that many season ticket holders will go to one game and sell the other...and I'd guess more are likely to choose to go Saturday and sell Sunday.

Another factor making Sunday cheaper might be school the next day, the time of the game will not be known (until the season ends?), so it could be a Sunday night game.

One more thing is that there will be more thoughts of making it to the NLCS this time, so that could hold back prices for the NLDS.

If anyone has any extra tickets that they plan on selling for games on 9/30, early game on 10/1 (going to UW-Nebraska that night), 10/3, or 10/4, please PM me. Willing to pay above face value/market rate. (Likely going to Packers-Broncos on 10/2.)

Hawing, didn't you say you had two you planned on selling...? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Is there anywhere one can look to see what the timing of the games will be? Primarily, Game 1 of the NLDS. Would they open up with a day game? I really want to go to both Game 1 and WI vs Nebraska, but the Brewers get my #1 priority.

• 2 weeks later...

Getting parking passes? Yes. Preferred over General? Your call.

I like General parking better, because I can fly out of the lot before anyone else. And I'm cheap. But some people like parking closer and not walking. If you did not buy any passes, you would not be allowed to park there on game day. There is no risk when buying parking. If they don't play those games, you get your money back for parking anyway (or you can automatically apply it to next year's tickets). Only the $25 one time fee for post season ticket shipping is non-refundable.

I was able to get two extra tix in 204 row 6. So I can take JaDerHeyski and sit in my seats, and my mom can take dad and sit a couple rows behind us. I was worried that lack of tix might cause hard feelings in the family.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

I have had 15 different people, who never attended a game with me this season (Despite me asking, on multiple occasions) ask me if I had an extra playoff ticket for them (and/or their friends).

It astounds me, seriously.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

On the Postseason order form it says that if you do not buy advance parking passes it is unlikely that you will be able to park at Miller Park.

Which I seem to remember being completely untrue in '08 (correct me if I'm wrong). As long as you were ~2 hours early you could get a spot in the lot. With that said, I got 3 parking passes for our crew just to be safe.

I remember last time I got them. It was awesome to open them, but then it became super depressing to see them when it seemed like we weren't going to make the playoffs and when we got eliminated. Still that feeling of opening it and seeing them all is pretty cool. Can't wait for them to get to my house!

Archived