Brewer Fanatic

2011 Playoff Tickets? (Season ticket holders invoiced 8/15 for NLDS + NLCS)

Let's here it for Section 104! But I am not pleased to be in section 204 for the playoffs
I'm pleased only because:

1) From what I remember from 2008, the Field Bleachers were used for Media overflow seating, so I expected not to be put there again this year, and

2) I'd rather be in Loge Bleachers 204 than up in the Terrace Level. The sightlines up in the Terrace might be good in spots, but I dig the rightfield bleachers.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I seem to remember regular people sitting in 104 for the playoff games. We expected media (because that was what had happened for the ASE), but were shocked to see the bleachers still there being used by fans.

There would be rioting if they tried to push STH up to the Terrace.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

If the Brewers take each series to the max, I may not have enough money after paying for those playoff games to renew my tickets. If we lose in 7 games and I can't renew, will I still be happy? I think so.

IIRC, the Brewers do not get to set the price of WS tickets. That is something controlled by MLB so the WS tickets cost the same no matter where it's played. That was how they explained the vast difference in price between NLCS and WS tickets.
I'm not at home yet to see if our 2011 packet arrived in the mail yet, but I agree that MLB sets the prices of at least the WS tickets. I would have thought they'd also set the prices for earlier rounds, not unlike the NCAA does for NCAA tournament activities.

If we're charged for the whole thing and the Brewers actually play the maximum number of games, we might have to consider scaling back for 2012 as well. On the up side, we'll have seen a World Series. That's what I'm telling myself. If there is no Brewers World Series, the refund will probably cover much if not most of our 2012 expenditure.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

That's a good way to look at it hawing. Personally, I've been waiting for a World Series my whole life. If it causes me to scale back in some areas, or on tickets next year, so be it. I really want to be there to witness the Brewers win a World Series. It is definitely a life long dream of mine. Never know if an opportunity like that will come along again. I'm going to cherish it forever if it happens. Wouldn't miss it for the world.

P.S. I just did the calculations and if all 4 world series games are played, that would pay for my entire 20-game pack for next year and preferred parking and almost $500 would be left over. That's how ridiculous the prices are.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

I know it'll be impossible to even consider selling the tickets if it ever came down to it; but I seem to remember Terrace Reserved seats for the World Series in '08 pre-selling on Stubhub for $450 - $500. You can almost bankroll the entire World Series just by selling one of the games.

I did find some of the World Series ticket prices a little strange. Loge Bleachers for $125 while Terrace Reserved are $150 and Terrace Box $175? Terrace Box being the same price as Loge Outfield seems a little strange too.

Community Moderator

From the perspective of someone who does not have season tickets, I would pay about $500 for standing room only for the World Series. Would just want to get in the door, do not care how. So maybe if it comes down to it, sell one game of your World Series tickets to someone like me and it pays for the other 3 games.

But if it really comes down to it, I'll probably try and fly in for one of the later games of the NLCS since it will be cheaper. But that is looking way, way ahead at this point. There's no guarantee that they get past the NLDS, many very, very talented teams have met their end less than a week into October.

Our more detailed invoice has arrived. The whole ball of wax - not including parking - is $5645! That's about 2 1/2 seasons' worth of our regular two 20-packs.

I'm trying to ease the sticker shock by remembering that the invoice reflects the maximum possible expenditure: home field advantage throughout the postseason + a 5-game NLDS + 7-game NLCS + 7-game WS. I'm no rluzinski, but I think the odds of that particular scenario playing out aren't so great. (Though if it does, the Brewers had better win the last game.)

I also keep in mind that the hawing household has two members, four tickets are available to us, and we're not going to use the other two seats as coat chairs. Favors considered, though whoever we sell our other tickets to has to sit with us. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

For what it's worth, though, if we divided correctly, WS tickets in the loge level are $225 - same as in 2008. Whadda bargain!

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Got ours yesterday... so excited that the Myday2001 household has gotten upgraded post-season seats... no more 430s for us... we made it to 310!!!!

Course, the $3600 (w/ parking) for the post season is really shocking....

You knew me as Myday2001.

i am nearly furious about my seat location this year. I have club infield box tickets for my 20-game package, and they have me in the outfield bleachers in 237 for the playoffs. How did I get that bad of a bump for the postseason from right behind home plate to the outfield?

i am nearly furious about my seat location this year. I have club infield box tickets for my 20-game package, and they have me in the outfield bleachers in 237 for the playoffs. How did I get that bad of a bump for the postseason from right behind home plate to the outfield?
Im in the infield club (325). What year was your first year as a SSH? ours was in 06 and I have a saturday 20 pack with 2 seats. In 2008, we were moved to the outfield club pretty far out on the right field side. They were not as good of seats but they worked. this year we are in 337 which are much better seats that last time. My guess is that the year and number of seats is probably why you were moved out there.

Got mine. Like everyone else, I had some sticker shock. Had to explain at length to the better half that it's highly unlikely to use all the tickets. We'll see how it goes...

Pretty happy with the location. In 324 for a 20 pack and they put me in 312. In 08 I was in the 18thish row of 407.

I spent an hour last night looking at the schedule and comparing it to my work schedule for the month of October. Then I couldn't sleep... I think I need to settle down a little. They've got a long way to go and a playoff bid isn't guaranteed. St. Louis still makes me nervous. The 07 Mets loom in my frenzied brain.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

A friend of mine bought a 20 game pack with his brother, each of them taking 10 games.

Before my friend could commit, he made me commit to at least 2 tickets for at least 3 games.

So, when they got their options for the playoffs, it was 4 tickets to every playoff game in the section we usually sit (117), or four tickets to ONE game each series, in the nose bleeds.

So once again, I was asked to give a commitment for at least one game in each series, for 2 tickets.

if that's what I have to do...........I suppose.

How long is the window for full season and 20-game ticket holders to make thier decision on playoff tickets? Any fellow 9-pack holders receive anything yet?

The due date on our invoice is September 6th. So a couple more weeks yet.

9 gamer checking in. Nothing from the Crew yet. In 2008 the 9 game folks got tickets to one game of the NLDS and one game to the NLCS, never a shot for World Series tickets. I'm hoping we receive the same opportunity this season.

Just a general question out of curiosity. How difficult would it be to sell a single seat playoff ticket?

My friend and I both have separate 20 packs and while the Brewers can seat us together during the year, they can't for the playoffs (he's in 428, I'm in 410, sigh). Where it gets tricky is he has work commitments where he'll be out of town for Game 1 and Game 2 of the NLDS. He's unsure about buying the full strip because he's afraid he won't be able to sell the tickets since they're solos. I figure he will be, but I figured I'd open it up to the consensus of the people. Thanks!

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

You should have no problem selling them. Attendance for the 2008 playoffs was 43,992 and 43,934. According to the official website, capacity is 41,900. So that means that over 2,000 standing room only tickets were sold. An actually seat should be easy to sell.

In 2008 one of our 20-pack holders was a UW-Madison student and decided to go to the UW - OSU football game instead of NLDS home game 1. His $25 Terrace Reserved ticket sold for $168 on Stubhub. Needless to say, solo tickets will sell just fine when the time comes.

Archived