Brewer Fanatic

2011 Playoff Tickets? (Season ticket holders invoiced 8/15 for NLDS + NLCS)

Ticket prices have fallen for every game as the day and time of the game approaches. I don't think there is anything unusual about this happening for game 6. You have the added factor that a Brewer win just means another game while a loss is the end, so Monday's game does offer a better risk/reward or pain/pleasure trade off.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think MLB really cares about ticket prices falling. Either way they'll have a sold out stadium and a packed house (because there still won't be too many no-shows, even with the game time changing). It would have been more convenient for a lot of us if they would've set the time at 3:05, but that's the least of their concerns.

I wasn't trying to imply MLB cares about prices. But from a standpoint of being true to fans who are going to the game it does seem a bit unfair to give less than 24 hours to them that the gametime is changing.

They wait until they send the season ticket info for next year. You have the option of using the money for next year, so they won't issue a refund until you send in your 2012 ticket payment sheet with the appropriate check box marked.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Just an FYI - It appears there is an "immediate refund list" that you can be put on. As a college student with little spending, I was really worried about having to pay my ~$6K only to have a negative balance the next month once it gets refunded. My rep said that on the "immediate refund list" I would receive my refund in up to 10 days.

Cut and paste from the Brewers web site:

Brewers.com Internet Purchases: Ticket holders who purchased tickets through brewers.com via the Internet will receive an automatic refund through a credit issued to the credit card used for the original ticket purchase. The actual ticket will have no cash value AND SHOULD NOT BE RETURNED. The ticket holder will also receive a refund of the per ticket convenience fee. Per order Processing/Shipping & Handling fees are non-refundable.

Still haven't seen my refund to my credit card for tickets to Game 7 purchased on Oct. 13th. Brewers knocked out on Oct. 16th so I wonder how long it will take to back that charge off my credit card. You wouldn't think they would need 2 weeks to do it but I have a feeling they will wait for the month to roll over.

Like someone had said earlier, if you don't put yourself on that "Immediate Refund List" through your rep, I think they're going to leave your charges as-is and then ask if you want to put that money towards next year's tickets. I believe that process happens in November. Unless you're talking about a lottery purchase... in which case I have no idea when that refund will happen.

I signed up for the Immediate Refund List and was also told it would take about 10 days to process, due to MLB double-checking the refund calculations.

My game 7 tickets were through the lottery not through a rep so there is no next year's ticket account to put them on. My regular season package is in someone else's name.

Thanks for the info RockCoCougars, I hadn't seen anything about a timeframe. It does bug me that they wait until 10 days after the postseason ends as if the length of the Texas STL series should have any bearing on getting my money back for a Brewer game.

per my rep: "I expect that the week of October 31st we will be sending out the 2012 renewal information. In that packet will be instructions on how to either apply the unused money towards your season tickets for 2012 or request a refund."

It does bug me that they wait until 10 days after the postseason ends as if the length of the Texas STL series should have any bearing on getting my money back for a Brewer game.

I had not seen that time frame anywhere, but I would have assumed that it meant 10 days after the Brewers post season ended. We are now on day 12 and I am still waiting for my lousy $234 refund from lottery purchase, not sure why they are so slow about this...

Archived