Brewer Fanatic

2011 Playoff Tickets? (Season ticket holders invoiced 8/15 for NLDS + NLCS)

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any idea what it will cost (even for cheap seats) to get into World Series Games 1 or 2?

By comparison, for those that didn't get tickets directly from the Brewers (ST holders), what did it cost you on the open market to get 2 seats?

I'm willing to wait until the last minute, but is there any chance i'd be able to get 2/500 (WS) ??

Thats a lot. 2 years ago I sat ON the home dugout for the last game of the season (and got $32 tix free for the following year) against the Phillies for $60/. We had a glorious meal at the Metavante Club and with the best seats in the house it cost $125 for the pair. You are telling me SRO WS tix are going to cost me $300/? Ugh. I better find some tix for Sun then...

Is all the parking sold out beforehand? If I go Sun and get there as gates open will I be able to get in the Preferred lot? I see passes selling on eBay for silly amounts. I went opening day and it was a tranwreck.

Yes, but I think a lot of that had to do with the fact that there was short notice that a game would even be played that day coupled with the fact that it was a football Sunday. We all know WS tickets will sell well. No doubt about it. I have a feeling that tickets will only go up in price if we clinch the NLCS.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

Does anybody know how much world series tickets would cost face value up in terrace or bleachers? My friend won the lottery.
I think face value in the terrace is $175. I don't know about the bleachers. Our seats in the loge are $225.
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

There's no doubt in my mind that the cheapest ticket to be had will be about $400 the closer it gets to the WS.

More likely, should they make it, is ticket prices dropping as the game gets closer, just as has happened with every playoff game so far. Of course, there are always some "gotta buy now" folks who vastly overpay, but I think many of those who have no interest in going to the games but win the lottery and think they will easily flip the tickets for a big profit may be disappointed.

I think the story in the JS makes perfect sense of the falling prices: uncertainty as to game time. I guess TV has to rule all, but it seems to me that just fixing the time at 3:05 regardless of the ALCS result would have been the way to go. The TV audience isn't going to be appreciably different regardless of the time.

There's no doubt in my mind that the cheapest ticket to be had will be about $400 the closer it gets to the WS.

There's no doubt in my mind that World Series tickets could be had for around face value, especially for Game 2.

I think the story in the JS makes perfect sense of the falling prices: uncertainty as to game time. I guess TV has to rule all, but it seems to me that just fixing the time at 3:05 regardless of the ALCS result would have been the way to go. The TV audience isn't going to be appreciably different regardless of the time.

I don't think MLB really cares about ticket prices falling. Either way they'll have a sold out stadium and a packed house (because there still won't be too many no-shows, even with the game time changing). It would have been more convenient for a lot of us if they would've set the time at 3:05, but that's the least of their concerns.

Archived