Brewer Fanatic

2011-08-10 Brewers (Wolf) at Cardinals (Westbrook) - [Brewers win, 5-1]

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My brother (born in the summer of '82 and a diehard Brewers fan basically since he could think) said back in June to me "We are better than the Cardinals", and I said "What about Pujols, Holliday, Berkman all in a row, and his response: "We are better than the Cardinals". I finally get it, we are a better team than the St. Louis Cardinals. Our pitching staffs really aren't in the same league at this point. A W tomorrow would be extremely disheartening for STL. Let's get it. AHHHHHH.

Looking at just the stats, Wolf's start doesn't look so hot, but watching the recap, he looked really sharp. There's something to be said for handcuffing hitters and keeping them off balance. His curve was working when he tried to throw it up in the zone - he got a lot of Classies hitters to roll over on that pitch, chopping bouncers all over the infield. Great start, and a great win.

Archived