Brewer Fanatic

2011-08-10 Brewers (Wolf) at Cardinals (Westbrook) - [Brewers win, 5-1]

I hate this move. Even if it works out.

Let the SP try and finish what he started. Wolf was mowing them down tonight. Why not try and give Axford the night off?

Wolf could have just bunted.

Again, hate this move, even if it works out.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seems like a weird way to burn an extra player? Or am I missing something here.

All I can think is that GK can't bunt or is injured and RR wanted Wilson in as a defensive sub anyway, but yeah I don't get it either, especially in a close game.

Cardinals don't boo.

See you later, TLR.

Ueck seemed to think it was the right call. Can anyone second him?

Throw to first took Pujols off of first. St first glance it looked like he might have missed the bag when he tried to step back. On review he definitely got his toe on the bag, bad call... We'll take it though

Now I hate it even more. 4-run lead. Let Wolf try and finish it.

The only possible reason I can see for doing it, is getting him out of there while he's still healthy to play it safe. (Considering they just lost Narvy and all.)

Obviously I'll take it, but you really hate to see two runs score on a blown call like that in what has otherwise been a very good, close game.

lets close this thing out and those 2 extra runs will be irrelevant anyways.

I'm fine with having 2 runs score after a blown call......lol

its much better then not scoring after a bad call........umps make mistakes all the time for both teams....you have to take advantage when you can because the other team sure will attempt to.

Now I hate it even more. 4-run lead. Let Wolf try and finish it.

The only possible reason I can see for doing it, is getting him out of there while he's still healthy to play it safe. (Considering they just lost Narvy and all.)

We also have no idea the conversation in the dugout. Wolf looked like he was cruising but maybe he ok'd the move to the pen?? Unless someone says otherwise Roenicke pulls some strings and it netted some runs.

Am I the only one who would prefer to see Loe in the ninth? He didn't pitch last night, the lefty Patterson leads off, but he's terrible, and it's nothing but righties after him.

I was thinking the same thing. It's nice to give Axford a rest, but I'd imagine they'll need K Rod quite a bit down the stretch as well.

Archived