Brewer Fanatic

Narveson Cuts Pitching Hand -- Latest: status for Monday, August 22 up in the air; Wily Peralta may start (reply #107)

wibadgers23

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Waaah, and just literally minutes ago I was speculating in the chat room that our next attended game (Friday) would be a Narvdog start. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

Now I just have to whip up a Wholestaff jersey or shirt.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Not the end of the world for Narveson to be skipped. Last three starts were mixed, but none were great. Might be a good idea to call up someone from the minors for a spot start or two. However it's dealt with, the staff needs to be in good shape for the road trip to NY and PIT (Doubleheader on AUG 22).

Estrada did a decent job in place of Greinke early in the year, and they've pretty much kept him up with the big club all season for just this contingency. Until he pitches himself out of the start-spot role, he'll be picking up the work. Given how the Brewers tend to handle things, I have little doubt this is the case.

If it's just one start, I'd guess we would go with Estrada, though he's not exactly stretched out. If it's a DL stint, they have to call someone up. Other than Peralta (who would line up to pitch on Friday), what other options would we realistically have to bring up?

We could send Dillard down for the roster spot if Narveson doesn't go on the DL. Hopefully it's just one start, we'll find out tomorrow I guess. Which hand was it? If it's his glove hand, they could wrap it up and he'd be back much sooner.

Too bad those two off days were last week, not this week or next so we can't just skip him.

I'm surprised he cut his left thumb. I don't know him and don't know if he does a lot of stuff with his right hand but I figured he would be holding the scissors with his left hand. I guess not.

I'm "left-handed." By that I mean I eat, write, throw lefty, but conventional things like scissors, computer mouse, etc I use right-handed because lefty versions are so rare. I'm guessing that's the case here.

I'll second the vote for a Peralta callup.

I guess the bright side is that we've been getting extremely lucky on the injury front. Weeks will be back, sounds like Gomez should be back, and Hart didn't break his hand. Marcum sure scared me tonight but it was just cramps.

God is a Brewers fan.

Archived