Brewer Fanatic

2011-08-09 Brewers (Marcum) at Cardinals (Jackson) - [Brewers win, 5-3, 10 innings]

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have no confidence in K-Rod against Holliday and Berkman. Gotta get some runs here, otherwise keep in Saito.

If Saito hasn't ever pitched back-to-back, maybe it's worth a shot? K-Rod has been bad lately. If this goes extras, I don't want more multiple-inning outings from Estrada.

I'm not saying the Brewers can't compete. I'm just saying it's not too hard, if you aren't a full-time Brewers fan, to wonder if they really have the chops to compete with the Giants or Phillies.
Brewers vs. Giants: 3-3

Brewers vs. Phillies: 2-1

Phillies are clearly a better team, even if the Brewers were stellar defensively and on the basepaths. I wouldn't say they can't compete with Giants, they are at least as good as them. Most everything would have to go right to beat the Phillies in a series, but that's several steps down the road.

Need to keep Saito's arm fresh. Plenty of other relievers out there.

He threw 14 pitches in the 7th. There's like a 1% chance Roenicke won't use KRod, but I find it hard to believe it would kill Saito's arm to at least bring him out for another batter or two.

Community Moderator

I can say that I 100% agree with the statement that we need to win games.

Considering the importance of this game, it is probably ok to send Saito out there. I wish Roenicke would be more willing to play matchups and make mid-inning pitching changes.

The Giants don't scare me. The Phillies are clearly better but in a short series anything can happen as we saw last year.

yep; this was on my mind today. do we stand a better chance against the Phillies in a 5 gamer vs a 7 gamer?

I say it's the former.

Archived