Brewer Fanatic

2011-08-09 Brewers (Marcum) at Cardinals (Jackson) - [Brewers win, 5-3, 10 innings]

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not saying the sky is falling at all. BUT, when you compare the Brewers to the Phillies and Giants, they simply don't seem to stack up. They're on a roll, but other than the StL series at home, they have played cupcakes. They got killed by good competition from the AL. They are still very bad in terms of road record. They are awful on defense. They have some hot hitters right now, but they still have more potential holes than the teams that the media sees as real contenders.

I'm not saying the Brewers can't compete. I'm just saying it's not too hard, if you aren't a full-time Brewers fan, to wonder if they really have the chops to compete with the Giants or Phillies.

Community Moderator
I'm not saying the Brewers can't compete. I'm just saying it's not too hard, if you aren't a full-time Brewers fan, to wonder if they really have the chops to compete with the Giants or Phillies.
Brewers vs. Giants: 3-3

Brewers vs. Phillies: 2-1

RR needs to be willing to use one of these setup guys more than one inning. He hasn't done that yet, but he'll need to in order to avoid having Marco Estrada be the one who has to do it all the time.

This is the key inning. If we keep it tied here, I still like our chances very much.
Unless Saito strands the bases loaded, that would probably mean K Rod faces at least Berkman and maybe Holliday. Can't say I like that matchup.

RR needs to be willing to use one of these setup guys more than one inning. He hasn't done that yet, but he'll need to in order to avoid having Marco Estrada be the one who has to do it all the time.
Totally agree but I just dont see it happening, has he done it once all season? He is too in love with bullpen roles and the __ inning guy

Archived