Brewer Fanatic

2011-08-09 Brewers (Marcum) at Cardinals (Jackson) - [Brewers win, 5-3, 10 innings]

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well it's still a tie game and we still have at least 3 more innings. That could be a good or a bad thing...
This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

When you wonder why the national media don't take the Brewers all that seriously as a post-season threat, you need only look at games like tonight and the generally abysmal performance of the NL Central teams in recent play-offs. Hard to think the 1-18 playoff run is a fluke. Not a bad team, but there is nothing that makes it seem like they are good enough, either.

When I looked at the standings before the game, I told myself I wouldn't be surprised if we left STL tied with them for first. As a Brewers fan I just know with our luck we will never run away with the division. It's coming down to the last series, just know it.

I'm glad Jackson is staying in. Motte was ready to come in and he has been very tough on us lately. I like our chances with the top of the order seeing Jackson for a 4th time.
Definitely agree with all of this. Hart in particular has seen Jackson well.

When you wonder why the national media don't take the Brewers all that seriously as a post-season threat, you need only look at games like tonight and the generally abysmal performance of the NL Central teams in recent play-offs. Hard to think the 1-18 playoff run is a fluke. Not a bad team, but there is nothing that makes it seem like they are good enough, either.
Come on! They have won 11 of 12 games and they are on the road against a good St. Louis team and are tied 3-3 and they cant be a serious threat. Yeah they have looked like junk tonight but yet they are still tied and have a good chance to win.

It is has been a terrible game to follow but according to this board the sky is falling

Yeah what a stupid decision here by TLR

Many of his dumb decisions have 'flukily' worked out (hitting Braun, starting Patterson) but he's bound to get bit by these at some point.

Formerly Andersoc420

Braun has to be playing 1B next year. He is absolutely the worst OF regular in MLB.
No he is not, he made an error which happens sometimes, he just picked a bad time for it. He occasionally makes great catches and occasionally makes great throws which many outfielders cannot say

Archived