Brewer Fanatic

Expectations for the St. Louis Series

jjfanec
Once again the objective should be to at least avoid the sweep. If they can accomplish that, then the race is effectively over. If not, then it goes on. I said it goes on. And following hand-wringing will be warranted. It's not too much to expect the team to win one of the final six games against the team who you're battling the division for, regardless if you have a cushion. Show some degree of killer instinct. They're asking to be finished.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's got to be pretty frustrating and disheartening to go in on the road pull off the sweep you so desperately need, and then by the end of the next series lost most of what you gained. Not getting swept is the obvious goal, but I'd just as soon sweep them and get that magic number down to a nice miniscule 7 with 18 games to play.

I caught the 10th inning of the Reds/Cards today on MLB extra innings. Cards announcers seem to have thrown in the towel. Even another sweep only gets them to 6.5 back with 3 weeks to play. That's a tall order. They know losing 2 of 3 at home to Reds killed any momentum from the sweep.

One more win in this series, the race will surely be over and then we can turn our attention fully to the D-Backs. Aside from the divisional race, it'd be cathartic to see the Crew win this series to compensate for what happened last week.

Archived