Brewer Fanatic

Expectations for the St. Louis Series

jjfanec
  • Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
With likely matchups of Marcum vs Jackson, Wolf vs Lohse, and Gallardo vs Westbrook, AND factoring in the way the Brewers have been hitting (7.5 runs per game in August), I don't see any reason why we can't get a sweep. I'd settle for a series win. Anything less would be disappointing.

As many have said...anything but a Cards sweep will be either fine, great or awesome. Agree with hawing too...no vulcan mind melds from TLR. This is actually the one thing I have faith in RR to be fine with. The Cards lineup is starting to get rolling, and without Rickie we'll need the bottom of the order to keep cooking.

I thought he might move Carp up to Thursday with the day off. Their turn to go all in. Beating him would be extra nice...I think T Plush should volunteer to explain it to his son...in his Tony Gumble character of course, that's the classy one.

I've heard "big game" or "big series" mentioned since June. This one isn't much different. There's over 40 games to go, so nothing will be decided this series. If either team sweeps, it's definitely noteworthy, but not an earth moving event. They're doing what's most important, taking care of the bottom feeders in a big way.

I would love for one of the Brewer players to do something to get the st louis fans are upset.

I would absolutely go bonkers if the Brewers did the College World Series every time they homer in the series. Have everyone mobbing the hitter at the plate just like seem to do in Omaha in big game moments.

St. Louis fans would be bonkers in the complete opposite reason I would be. LaRussa might have a coronary.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

My expectation is for the Brewers to sweep the Cards in this series, that would be nice payback for that intentional hit on Braun.
Better payback would have been for the Brewers to actually score that inning and win that game. That would have been classic to know that Tony cost his team the game because he wanted to play tough-guy from the comfort of the dugout.

1-2 sounds about right. You realize we cannot cheat in St. Louis right? We actually have to play the game. Its going to be a great series....the lights will shine on the perfectly sized up mound with the perfect amount of dirt rubbed on the balls, everything will be PERFECT!

Does anyone know where I can find video of Braun in 2008 when he pimped that homer to complete that sweep in St. Louis?

The rational fan is saying anything but a sweep is good. The Cardinals hater in me wants something outrageous to happen to get Cards fans' blood boiling.

How about a preemptive hbp to start the bottom of the 1st each game? Get warnings for both dugouts right away http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif
@BrewCrewCritic on Twitter "Racing Sausages" - "Huh?"

I expect the Cardinals to be shamed.

Also, I REALLY want the Brewers to pitch inside on Pujols EVERY SINGLE PITCH. Don't hit him necessarily, just keep coming in on him. Just for the humor of it.

How about a preemptive hbp to start the bottom of the 1st each game? Get warnings for both dugouts right away http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif
No. I don't want to give them extra base runners, especially in front of their big hitters. I would condone a nice tower buzz a foot over the head to every batter until warnings are issued.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I expect the Brewers to sweep the series, culminating with Gallardo striking out 22 in a perfect game shut-out. At that point, Chris Carpenter will ask his son to explain that to him...

FYI, JSOnline poll has the Brewers getting:

0 wins: 4%

1 win: 30%

2 wins: 56%

3 wins: 10%

Marcum hasn't been sharp since mid June. He struggled against the Cards last time, and gave up 3 runs in his previous appearance against them this year. He's been my favorite starter all year, but unless he returns to his early season form, I think he'll struggle against the Cards again on Tuesday.

Wolf has been pretty bad against the Cards in both starts this year. I don't like two soft tossers in a row against that lineup. Pujols, and Holliday, batting from the right side against Wolf doesn't bode well. At least Berkman is a little weaker batting right.

That leaves Yo, who pitched well in his only start against the Cards this year. That game was at Busch.

I think the best possible scenario is the offense stays hot and out hits the competition in one of the first two, while Yo shuts them down in the final game.

1-2 looks most likely outcome.

It's always hard going to St. Louis because of the way they steal signs and spike the Brewers' water supply with malt liquor.

I believe they spike the water supply with vodka.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

To me it depends on which Edwin Jackson we get...he's always seemed to me to be really good or really bad...and he's got to remember the pounding he got last time out. I'd love to see a 3 up there in the top of the first of the first game.

My analytical side says 1-2, but my gut says we win two. And there's at least one Cardinal ejected.

Not sure who will win what or how many, but I do expect to see the benches clear at some point in the series

I really don't want this to happen, for fear that Plush will let his emotions get the best of him and do something stupid.

I expect the Brewers to sweep the series, culminating with Gallardo striking out 22 in a perfect game shut-out. At that point, Chris Carpenter will ask his son to explain that to him...

FYI, JSOnline poll has the Brewers getting:

0 wins: 4%

1 win: 30%

2 wins: 56%

3 wins: 10%

Without looking at pitching matchups, I have the Brewers with around a 45% chance of winning each game. Based on that SWAG:

0 wins: 17%

1 win: 41%

2 wins: 33%

3 wins: 9%

Archived