Brewer Fanatic

Chinese Companies selling MLB Jerseys

datrain711

Has anyone else here ordered MLB jerseys from websites based in China? I have ordered a handful from a few sites, and the deals are incredible, but I'm sure the legality of it may be questionable.

for instance, I bought a handful of authentic jerseys on one site and they ended up only being $28 a piece including shipping. I wore my Braun one into the Brewers clubhouse, and I couldn't even tell the difference between the one I had and the ones that were retailing for $200. The jersey I got was embroidered with the proper patches and everything. They even have cool base ones which seem to be made from the proper material. (the cool base authentic ones are being sold for $300 on the brewers website)

I'm not sure if I should post the website here or not, certainly I'm not trying to spam, I just wanted to see if anyone else here has had similar experiences. If it is ok though I'd be glad to include the website info.

We purchased a bunch as a group on bf.net and I thought they looked great. I cannot remember the name of the site though. It should be cool to post the name of the site as we organized the entire purchase in the trading post. PM me the name of the site if you don't want to post it as I want to get a few new jerseys.
"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

I find the retro jerseys look very similar to the real ones. But the current style jerseys look wrong to me, you can spot the fakes pretty easily. I have seen many at the ballpark that have the gold piping almost being a yellow color, fonts for names and numbers wrong. I'm a stickler uniform snob though so maybe it's just me http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

The sites I've used are:

googlejerseysshop.net

and pickjerseys

there are definitely mistakes on some of the jerseys on the website ( I think that one of the grey Brewers jersey has the state patch on it) but the ones I've gotten I'd rate as 98% quality. The cool base jerseys I ordered on googlejerseys have a really nice material.

I guess it is a question of whether you want to pay a lot of money for one guaranteed to be the REAL deal, or if you don't mind it not being perfect.

The Braun jersey I have does look pretty much identical to those in the store at least.

My girlfriend just bought one for me. She ordered it 2 weeks ago and it still hasnt arrived. I know she is getting worried because she said the site looked normal but then her card charged her an international fee. When she went to the site they said they do not use a phone and only reply to emails......pretty fishy.

Wow. Not sure what to say. I'm not trusting any company selling these:
http://googlejerseysshop.net/pic/201142620515336958.jpg
http://googlejerseysshop.net/pic/20114151863586518.jpg
That Braddock jersey looks like a half jersey, almost like a womans cut. The number on the Molitor jersey is way off center. The trim is wrong. Not to mention the fonts on both are wrong.

Though I will admit, I've always wanted a #21 EscoBRA jersey.

http://googlejerseysshop.net/pic/201011238104640018.jpg

Not trying to rain on anyone's parade, but buyer beware.
20Fry : April 2006 - March 2012

Has anyone else here ordered MLB jerseys from websites based in China? I have ordered a handful from a few sites, and the deals are incredible, but I'm sure the legality of it may be questionable. for instance,

Of course they are illegal. No different than purchasing a bootleg DVD or CD. Go to nfljerseysupply.com. The DOJ seized that website.

I got my Weeks Authentic the other day in the mail. It was supposed to be the blue uni with Milwaukee on the front.... The jersey looks ok, except it says Brewers on the front and the stripe thats on the sleeve is BRIGHT yellow. Not even close to the the gold thats on the rest of the uni.

Though I will admit, I've always wanted a #21 EscoBRA jersey.

http://googlejerseysshop.net/pic/201011238104640018.jpg

Good heavens. They could have just added an H on the end so guys could pretend Alcides was their Esco BRAH.

If I ever see one of these wonders at MP I'm going to just assume it's someone from Brewerfan and introduce myself.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I had good luck with a Jermichael Finley jersey I ordered, but never ordered a baseball jersey. Think I'll keep it that way.

I've gotten 4 football and 2 hockey jerseys and they've all looked great. I've also gotten 6 baseball jerseys (2 of the same, 5 throwbacks) which have all looked great except for the new white Braun jersey. The "Brewers" script on the front looks smaller than what it should and the alignment looks a little off too. So I would say that for the most part, the jerseys look great (especially football, hockey, and soccer that friends have ordered). Throwback baseball ones (Mitchell & Ness) look good too but the newer baseball ones are where the problems come in.

Also, the sizes on the baseball ones seem to be one size smaller than what they actually are (XL fits like an L, XXL fits like an XL, etc.). My football and hockey ones were XXL and fit great (hockey even a little loose) but I couldn't even pull the baseball ones over my body. Luckily I've lost about 50 pounds so I can finally fit those baseball ones.
This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Has anyone else here ordered MLB jerseys from websites based in China? I have ordered a handful from a few sites, and the deals are incredible, but I'm sure the legality of it may be questionable. for instance,

Of course they are illegal. No different than purchasing a bootleg DVD or CD. Go to nfljerseysupply.com. The DOJ seized that website.
The team licencing fees might be more than what these are going for. Do people just want to pretend that there's a chance these are legit? I won't pretend that I've never downloaded music illegally but I didn't try to convince myself I might not be stealing.

I don't know. Not to knock anyone here, but a lot of the knock offs I've seen people wearing around Miller Park or other stadiums just seem obvious. The fonts are wrong, weird spacing, bad stitching, etc. I wonder how well the stitching and materials hold up as well.

I guess I don't get why people don't save up and get a legit replica jersey for $70-80. Just my opinion...not trying to be overly critical or tell other people how to handle their finances.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

I was in total agreement with you about just paying $80 bucks for a good one, but the jerseys being sold on those sites are "authentic", meaning that it would cost $200-$250 to get the real ones.

For instance, i ordered some cool base jerseys. They are really nice when it is warm out, and althought the font is not 100% identical (but very close), it only cost me $25 bucks which is insane to me.

I was in total agreement with you about just paying $80 bucks for a good one, but the jerseys being sold on those sites are "authentic", meaning that it would cost $200-$250 to get the real ones.

For instance, i ordered some cool base jerseys. They are really nice when it is warm out, and althought the font is not 100% identical (but very close), it only cost me $25 bucks which is insane to me.

Yeah these are not $80 jerseys for $20. These are $200+ jerseys. The tags on my M&N Yount & Molitor jerseys say $520. That's probably wrong cuz the M&N website lists at $250. However, like I said, I can't tell any difference with the throwback jerseys. Mine look exactly like the pictures and they even have the Cooperstown tag as well as the M&N neck label. The only differences that noticeable are with the new baseball jerseys. For $20 each ($40 for hockey), I think it's a great deal.

http://www.mitchellandness.com///images/products/medium/BE82H19_W.jpg http://www.mitchellandness.com//images/products/MEDIUM/7229_4AC_82PMOLI_1_M.jpg
This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

rawbecht, could you post photos of your jerseys to compare to those pictures that you posted? I wonder if our detective work could find anything different. You don't have to, of course, I'm just wondering if you'd allow us to look and compare.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Archived