Brewer Fanatic

Why is Tim Dillard on the roster?

brwrsfan
To me, Dillard is just an extra guy. A break in case of emergency guy. Basically, if one of our starters actually had a very short start Dillard would take one for the team. However, as soon as they can find a LHP to put on the 25 man, Dillard is going back down to Nashville.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

What a great attitude from Dillard:

"Somebody said, 'They might need to show Dillard where the mound is,'?" the affable right-hander said with a laugh.

"It was great," Dillard said. "I almost forgot the feeling of going out there, the adrenaline. I just wanted to throw a strike, to be honest. ( Jonathan) Lucroy was like, 'Let's pitch this guy in.' I was like, 'No, let's just go down the middle with this one and see how it goes.'?"

"Ron said something to me today, that he really wanted to get me in there," said Dillard, who's 1-1 with a 4.58 earned-run average in 17 appearances. "I was like, 'You didn't do anything wrong.' If anything, we did everything right. So I can't really complain about that."

Courtesy JSOnline

http://www.jsonline.com/s...s/brewers/127078528.html

Dillard is here because: a) someone has to roll the pink snack suitcase to the bullpen, b) he throws sidearm, which lovingly reminds RR of Sean Green, and c) as most have said, he's a guy you can throw out there for multiple innings in a blowout.

Any lefty we could bring up right now would be a lateral move at best because the only options we have are marginal. If there were a more solid option, Dillard probably wouldn't be here. As for a position player, they'd never get to play, so it would be just as redundant as having Dillard, who rarely gets to play. All that said, having your last arm in the bullpen pitch infrequently is not a bad thing. I still remember times where we would burn through the last arm in the pen way too frequently.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Archived