Brewer Fanatic

2011-08-07 Brewers (Greinke) at Astros (Norris) - [Brewers win, 7-3]

1992casey
  • Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Atlanta scored 1 in the 9th to beat the Mets. Could have tied them in the Wild Card with a Brewers' win and Braves' loss.

We're winning this division Bernman.

St. Louis/Florida is not helping matters, and we have 9 games left against the Cards, 6 of those being on the road. All the more reason to look to the Wild Card Standings for insurance potential.

Yeah, Yuni's pretty hot right now, but it's August 8th and even with his big hot streak he's still hoping to get his numbers up to replacement level. Remember in May when the team was five games under .500 and the board was a toxic waste dump of negativity? We lost a lot of close games against mediocre teams, and some of the blame belongs to Betancourt. One guy can't change everything, but a better performance from the left side of the infield earlier in the season would have us checking Philly scores and thinking about home field advantage right about now, not watching St Louis scores and counting on Florida to help us stay ahead in the Central.

But all that said, I'll enjoy his good days and hope like heck he stays hot. Just so long as they don't exercise that danged option...

Atlanta scored 1 in the 9th to beat the Mets. Could have tied them in the Wild Card with a Brewers' win and Braves' loss.

St. Louis/Florida is not helping matters, and we have 9 games left against the Cards, 6 of those being on the road. All the more reason to look to the Wild Card Standings for insurance potential.

I was joking/being cocky with that comment. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif\

But really after the STL series we have the Pirates and Dodgers at home...then we visit the Mets and the Pirates, back home for the Cubs and Cards, and then to Houston again.

It would take an absolutely epic collapse for this team to lose the lead.

I was joking/being cocky with that comment. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif\

But really after the STL series we have the Pirates and Dodgers at home...then we visit the Mets and the Pirates, back home for the Cubs and Cards, and then to Houston again.

You are a Brewers fan right? You know that's entirely possible given the history of this franchise?

It wouldn't take a collapse for them to lose their lead. It would take the Cards playing very well. But if they win approx. 95 games, it would take an anomaly to keep them out of the playoffs. Currently, the team is on a 92-win pace. I think it projects to closer to 95 considering the schedule and changes in personnel.

This was a trap series, just ask the Reds. I am very pleased with the results. We have been taking care of business against the lesser teams. That is a great sign. There are still a lot of games left. We need to keep playing well. That being said we will have bumps in the road. No need to jump off of a cliff when that happens. Obviously I like where we are at a lot more than where the Cardinals are at.

Kind of disappointing that after sweeping a series on the road, we lose 1/2 a game in the standings.
I understand, but with how bad we had been on the road I cant be disappointed after a sweep. Hoping for 2 out of 3 in the next series. 1 out of 3 would be acceptable because we would still have a two game lead. I love the pitching match ups. We miss Carpenter and Garcia and throw Marcum, Yo and Wolf. Hopefully we can do some work against Lohse, Westbrook and Jackson.

Kind of disappointing that after sweeping a series on the road, we lose 1/2 a game in the standings.
I understand, but with how bad we had been on the road I cant be disappointed after a sweep. Hoping for 2 out of 3 in the next series. 1 out of 3 would be acceptable because we would still have a two game lead. I love the pitching match ups. We miss Carpenter and Garcia and throw Marcum, Yo and Wolf. Hopefully we can do some work against Lohse, Westbrook and Jackson.
Have they announced the pitching matchups yet? I would not be surprised to see TLR move up Carpenter to face the Brewers.

Archived