Brewer Fanatic

2011-08-07 Brewers (Greinke) at Astros (Norris) - [Brewers win, 7-3]

1992casey
  • Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yep, the inning shouldn't have even gotten to this point for the Marlins, as Patterson's flyball should have been caught. The Marlins have just choked this game, and this series away. That and the Cardinals have caught a lot of breaks in the series.

Seems impossible considering the vast conspiracy that's been plotted against them.

While we are breaking down Yuni B and looking at sample sizes, it is worth noting that he has been better in the 2nd half of seasons in his career .280/.308/.419 than in the first half .262/.283/.369 ... Yuni B also has a career .287 BA and .781 OPS in August (625 plate appearances) and a career .274 BA, .700 OPS in Sept/Oct (644 plate appearances)

So it is actually reasonable to assume that he will continue to at least hit better than he did in the 1st half

The other reason to believe this could continue is he did make changes to get where he is at right now. He may not be walking much but he is being much more selective and swinging at pitches in the zone.

While we are breaking down Yuni B and looking at sample sizes, it is worth noting that he has been better in the 2nd half of seasons in his career .280/.308/.419 than in the first half .262/.283/.369 ... Yuni B also has a career .287 BA and .781 OPS in August (625 plate appearances) and a career .274 BA, .700 OPS in Sept/Oct (644 plate appearances)

So it is actually reasonable to assume that he will continue to at least hit better than he did in the 1st half

Sure, he was better than he showed in the first half. He had a career .690 OPS coming into the season and he was hitting like .580 the first half of this year.

Yuni broke into the green in WAR today, still has the worst fielding numbers of SS though
I tried to log in on my iPad. Turns out it was an etch-a-sketch and I don't own an iPad. Also, I'm out of vodka.

Archived