Brewer Fanatic

2011-08-07 Brewers (Greinke) at Astros (Norris) - [Brewers win, 7-3]

1992casey
  • Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bud Norris has owned the Crew. He's my best candidate to supplant Suppan and Dempster in the 'mediocre division guy who dominates the Brewers' role. Hopefully they knock him around good here.

He's a scourge of the Cardinals too. In STL he has the same nickname as Bucky Dent does in Boston.

Just on principle I'm hoping the Astros pitch around Prince here. At some point enough bad baseball is enough.

Nope, instead they pitch around Kotsay. And then kotsay has the 3-0 green light. Don't know what's worse.

This Astros team reminds me of the Brewers in the early days of the Ned Yost era. ('cept there is no Ben Sheets type talent to unnecessarily bring up too early and then proceed to wear out his arm in meaningless games)

And yet, because the Astros split a 4-game series at STL while the Crew was beating the Cubs, the Brewers have a 3 game lead instead of being only 1 up.

yeah, but again, the Astros & Umpires cheated in that series. Please try to keep up

Community Moderator

It was good timing that the Cards faced the Astros when they still hadn't sold off and given up on the season. I'm sure it made a difference.

Lawrie just went deep for career HR #1. Nice power stroke to right-center field.

('cept there is no Ben Sheets type talent to unnecessarily bring up too early and then proceed to wear out his arm in meaningless games)
Jordan Lyles says what up
Is Lyles really considered that big of a prospect? 3.49 ERA and 1.293 WHIP in his minor league career as compared to Sheets' 2.88 career minor league ERA. Sheets had a 2.40 ERA at the age of 21 in the minors. Of course Lyles is only 20 years old right now and pitching in MLB so I guess I can see the point that he's been rushed but I don't see him as a Sheets type talent

('cept there is no Ben Sheets type talent to unnecessarily bring up too early and then proceed to wear out his arm in meaningless games)
Jordan Lyles says what up
Is Lyles really considered that big of a prospect? 3.49 ERA and 1.293 WHIP in his minor league career as compared to Sheets' 2.88 career minor league ERA. Sheets had a 2.40 ERA at the age of 21 in the minors. Of course Lyles is only 20 years old right now and pitching in MLB so I guess I can see the point that he's been rushed but I don't see him as a Sheets type talent
I think the point is rushed up, eating up service time for no reason and putting unnecessary wear and tear on his arm.

Archived