Brewer Fanatic

2011-08-07 Brewers (Greinke) at Astros (Norris) - [Brewers win, 7-3]

1992casey
  • Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's not as bad as the opening day lineup which included Nieves, Kotsay, Gomez, and Betancourt. But it's pretty bad. McGehee has been vastly superior against righties and Hairston is better than Lopez, Counsell, and Kotsay. Hart should be playing if physically capable. Prince and Braun might have to carry the offense, while Greinke pitches like an ace.

Part way into spring training... I envisioned an August lineup of Weeks, Hart, Braun, Fielder, McGehee, Lucroy, (replacement SS), Gomez.

I'm trying to decide what I would have said then if you would have told me on August 7th we were going to play a lineup of Plush, Lopez, Braun, Fielder, Kotsay, Yuni, Counsell, Lucroy.

Trust me, I'm not complaining about how this season has gone ... and I think it would help my pre-season self if I also added this same lineup was going to try to put us 15 games above .500 .. I'm just saying.

(secretly hoping this reverse jinxes these fellas into 13 hits and 7 runs today.

I'm trying to decide what I would have said then if you would have told me on August 7th we were going to play a lineup of Plush, Lopez, Braun, Fielder, Kotsay, Yuni, Counsell, Lucroy.

When does football start?

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Can I just say that I really can't for the life of me still believe that Corporan made it to the majors. I'm happy for the guy, but I don't think he ever posted an acceptable OPS at any level of baseball.

It's not the majors, it's the Astros. I believe he is the all-time OPS leader in Brewers history. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Archived