Brewer Fanatic

Brewers break season attendance record (reply #58)

ilovebeer
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The entire top ten is home openers and Cubs' games. Tells you where the demand is.

Four games in the top ten were 2008 contests vs. the Cubs, when both teams won post-season berths. The two July games were definitely affected by the teams' positions in the race. The series started with the Cubs one game up. Unfortunately, they swept and the Brewers ended the series five games back.

Ticket sales for the final 2008 series would have definitely been partially driven by Cubs fans. But as it turned out, I think attendance would have been about the same vs. any opponent.

The top attended date (September, 2003) featured a Cubs team in a tight race.

I think they have to give 2K or so to MLB. About 5K for WS.

I'm betting that the team has to allocate those tickets, but would be reimbursed for the bulk of them, making them paid admissions. If my memory serves me, I don't think as much standing room was sold as there would have been during the regular season. It's certainly possible that accommodations for the press would come into play, too.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Goal: Set all time record for attendance in season.

Home games remaining: 15.

Today's challenge: 8/30 vs. St. Louis.

Attendance needed to remain on pace to break record: 40,990

Actual attendance on 8/30: 42,384

Comments: 1 down, 14 to go. Well done fans.

Next challenge: 8/31 vs. St. Louis.

New attendance # needed on 8/31 to stay on pace to set record: 40,890

Best of luck tomorrow fans!

Goal: Set all time record for attendance in season.

Home games remaining: 14.

Yesteray's challenge: 8/31 vs. St. Louis.

Attendance needed to remain on pace to break record: 40,990

Actual attendance on 8/31: 38,073

Comments: Came up a little short. Tomorrow's 3 pm start time is another one that will test this attempt. Happy September!

Next challenge: 9/1 vs. St. Louis.

New attendance # needed on 8/31 to stay on pace to set record: 41,107

Best of luck today fans!

Its not just the 3:00 start that might hurt today's attendance....

1st day of school (for most people anyways)

Packers (preseason) Game.

Badgers first game

the 3:00 start might actually help the 'Crew today with the last two.

You knew me as Myday2001.

• 3 weeks later...

A day or two ago, Brian Anderson mentioned the possibility of the Brewers breaking their all-time attendance record. I don't know if this was based on information from the team or if he was just bringing up the possibility.

Anyway, to do that, the Brewers would have to draw 122,148 fans over the next three games, an average of 40,716 per game.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

According the Journal Sentinel they've broken it;

The Milwaukee Brewers not only won the National League Central Division title, they set an attendance record.

At least 3,068,781 tickets have been sold so far. The old record was set in 2008 when 3,068,458 tickets were sold.

It is the third time in franchise history the team reached 3 million tickets sold or more.

The team drew 3,037,451 in 2009.

Entering Monday night’s game against the Pittsburgh Pirates, attendance at Miller Park totaled 2,946,311. That’s an average of 37,773 per game.

The team ranks seventh in Major League Baseball in attendance, ahead of both the Boston Red Sox and Chicago Cubs, two large-market franchises.

Link

If you're going to look at how much of the stadium is filled, the Brewers do even better. They're 6th in that behind Philadelphia, Boston, San Francisco, Minnesota and Chicago. They need to average 42,000 in the last three games to pass the Cubs in terms of stadium capacity filled. Cubs would be at 90.52%, Brewers would be at 90.55%.

Archived