Brewer Fanatic

Brewers break season attendance record (reply #58)

ilovebeer

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice job supporting the team. According to ESPN we're ranked 11th in attendance. Ahead of the White Sox (19th), Mets (13th), the braves (15th), just to name some of the larger markets. Not bad for being in the smallest market. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I had two extra tickets for our big group outing this Saturday and decided to throw them on Stubhub. I was expecting somewhere around $10 for our crappy Terrace Reserved seats way in the corner for a game against the Pirates. I was very pleasantly surprised to see the going rate was more than double that and I sold the tickets for $22/each. There's definitely a noticeable buzz surrounding this team now that should hopefully translate into the accounting books too.

I went to Miller Park a couple of days ago to buy tickets. I'd guess that the line was similar to what ilovebeer described above, probably about 100 people.

We picked up tickets for six September games and did well. All are in the Loge, rows 1–3 in front of the press box. Only one game is on a weekend, though.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Community Moderator

They need to average 38,280 for the last 23 home games to reach 3,000,000. The average for the first 58 home games is 36,544.

I think they are a lock for 3 million at this point, they will probably end up around 3,050,000. At least 12-15 of the remaining games are going to be sellouts, with crowds over 41,500 and sometimes closer to the 43-44,000 range. That means the rest of the games (such as this week's Dodgers series) needs to be averaging at least 34,000 or so. I think that happens easily, even if Monday night's game and 1-2 others are under 30,000.

I never realized that day games in the summer draw so well. I looked back at the Diamondbacks series after the 4th of July and the Brewers drew 36,000 for that day game. The matinee games I think are more for getaway days. It looks like the Brewers do about 10,000 more for a day game in the summer when schools out versus when school is still in session.

The last Brewer weekday game (Wednesday, August 3, vs. the Cards) drew 41,906. The night games in the series drew 41,619 and 39,393.

Quoth the Brewers:
Kids and Senior Citizens Discount Days

On weekday afternoon games (excluding marquee games), kids 14 and under and seniors 60 and over receive up to a 50% savings on all seats except for Bernie's Terrace and the $1 Uecker Seats.

August 3rd vs. the Cards may have been a marquee game.

Quoth the Brewers:
Kids and Senior Citizens Discount Days

On weekday afternoon games (excluding marquee games), kids 14 and under and seniors 60 and over receive up to a 50% savings on all seats except for Bernie's Terrace and the $1 Uecker Seats.

August 3rd vs. the Cards may have been a marquee game.
The August 1-3 series appears as regular home-game blue on the schedule card I keep by my computer. Only the June weekend series with STL had marquee status.

This Thursday's game (which we happen to be attending with a 60+ guest) is the last 1:10 weekday start game at MP this year. Thursday, September 1 is a 3:10 start. The rest (outside of Sundays) are night games - barring any national broadcast pickups.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I'd be really surprised if the Saturday, 9/10 game isn't switched to 3:10 pm.

On another note, I just waited in line for an hour at the ticket window. Great to see, but if you're planning on buying tickets at MP, be prepared to stand in line for quite a while.

I know its great that the team is doing GREAT... and an increase in attendance is very awesome.....

But, in a small, meager way, I miss being able to walk up and get decent seats, not waiting in line for bathrooms or concessions....

But I'll take what we got now anyday of the week.

You knew me as Myday2001.

Similarly, it occurred to me that the Sunday 9/11 game could theoretically be picked

up by ESPN (depending on what NYY, BOS and STL are doing that weekend). We could do it, though it wouldn't be handy because I can't

really take much Monday time off so early in the school year.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Similarly, it occurred to me that the Sunday 9/11 game could theoretically be picked

up by ESPN (depending on what NYY, BOS and STL are doing that weekend). We could do it, though it wouldn't be handy because I can't

really take much Monday time off so early in the school year.

ESPN has already (inexplicably, imo) picked up Cubs @ Mets that night.

Archived