Brewer Fanatic

Cardinals' grassy-knollers are out..... [Update, reply #222: Molina suspended for five games]

StearnsFTW
  • Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just hope that RRR doesn't get suckered into his games the way Yost did in 2007. That little maneuver cost us a shot at the playoffs.

I would say yesterday's game is pretty good evidence that we won't see a repeat of that. This is a much more mature team, and Roenicke seems more reserved than Yost was during that time.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

One of the things that mystifies me about the arrogance of some Cardinal types toward the Brewers is that Milwaukee and St. Louis may very well be the two most similar cities in MLB. Both cities have blue collar attitudes, people are generally pretty friendly and approachable, quality of life matters more than pace of life . . . St. Louis has worse summers and Milwaukee has worse winters, but basically StL is a slightly larger variation on Milwaukee.

Tuesday night, I was reading the IGT on the redbirds site. Towards the end of the game, they were mocking the attractiveness of the women in Milwaukee. And someone made the comment, "That's why they brew so much beer up there".

Ummmm, HELLO? St. Louis -> Budweiser? I could only shake my head.

Sounds like Garcia could use some anger management. Seems like a nice guy though as long as you don't upset him or do anything to get him out of his routine.

I figured the home/road splits was due to him being able to cheat at home but not on the road but I guess I'm not TLR after all.

Tuesday night, I was reading the IGT on the redbirds site. Towards the end of the game, they were mocking the attractiveness of the women in Milwaukee. And someone made the comment, "That's why they brew so much beer up there".

Ummmm, HELLO? St. Louis -> Budweiser? I could only shake my head.

Their posters seem more thick headed than some of the people on the JSOnline, and that's saying a lot.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Well, since Braun is from California and he played college in Florida, your close relative must not have had contact with him. Also, how does a close relative (in the singular) turn into '5 or so' guys.

I know where Braun grew up/played his college ball. And 5 or so guys = the approx number of current ML players who he keeps in touch with. Between you misunderstanding that and someone else claiming they disagree what someone told ME, I'm gonna have to say there's a disconnect on what my intentions are or some people don't take enough time to read posts.

Someone mentioned that Braun is cocky. I figured I'd mention a few ancedotes I have heard from someone close to me that stays somewhat connected to the game. I'm sure Braun's gracious with the fans like someone else mentioned. He's a PR department's wet dream. The guy is a perfect model citizen and does the "athlete speak" as well as anyone.

Now back to reading why Larussa is a knob.

(edit: language --1992)

Community Moderator

Looks like someone else is going to receive a call from Tony for suggesting that he has lost his mind.

LaRussa has become a total embarrassment for me and many other lifelong

Cardinals fans, probably including Rasmus Girl.

The latest incident involving LaRussa in Milwaukee was very reminiscent

of a Spice Girl throwing a heated tantrum, except he doesn’t have a hit

song.

Since when does calling a paying customer an idiot in front of the

commissioner’s hometown press represent the Cardinals way?

This outlandish behavior shouldn’t fly in St. Louis, but it probably

will because the new-fangled general manager and owners won’t stand up

to the guy.

I don’t blame LaRussa for all of it. This is what

happens when adequate discipline isn’t enforced from within an

organization after a manger has obviously gone wild.

Looks like someone else is going to receive a call from Tony for suggesting that he has lost his mind.

LaRussa has become a total embarrassment for me and many other lifelong

Cardinals fans, probably including Rasmus Girl.

The latest incident involving LaRussa in Milwaukee was very reminiscent

of a Spice Girl throwing a heated tantrum, except he doesn’t have a hit

song.

Since when does calling a paying customer an idiot in front of the

commissioner’s hometown press represent the Cardinals way?

This outlandish behavior shouldn’t fly in St. Louis, but it probably

will because the new-fangled general manager and owners won’t stand up

to the guy.

I don’t blame LaRussa for all of it. This is what

happens when adequate discipline isn’t enforced from within an

organization after a manger has obviously gone wild.

Bravo to that writer. At least someone in St. Louis gets it.

The Cincinnati Reds forum is pure gold:

In case TLR and the Cardinals are running out of things to complain about, here are a few suggestions throughout the NL:

Florida - constant threat of hurricanes in latter half of summer; signs in English and Spanish; south Fla. mosquitoes

Atlanta - insensitive Native American mascot

Philadelphia - Italian mob presence in south Philly

New York Mets - Citi Field too far from Manhatten hotels

Washington - constant threat of terrorism in nation's capital

Chicago - locker rooms in Wrigley too small; not enough parking for visiting Cards fans; too many people not paying attention to game

Cincinnati - balls too slick, mound too short, fences too close, fireworks too loud, seats too red, too hard to spell

Milwaukee - Sausage race offensive to vegetarians

Houston - President Bush and Barbara in first row offensive to Democrats

Pittsburgh - Iron City beer offensive to beer drinkers

Los Angeles - Constant smog in eyes and throat makes Cincy fireworks smoke seem quaint; dangerous neighborhood

San Diego - Fences too far; proximity to Mexican border violence

San Francisco - Earthquake prone; Bonds robbed McGwire of single-season HR record

Colorado - mound too high; bullpens too pretty; hard to breath at elevation; heavy turbulence taking off/landing at DIA

They didn't put St. Louis on that list though.... I was hoping they'd put it on there.

Why would La Russa complain about something in his home park? He can control whatever he wants there. /halfblue

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

from the Power rankings over at yahoo sports......

"12. St. Louis Cardinals (58-53; Previous: 14) – After bean balls in Milwaukee, La Russa horse so high it had to be saddled by helicopter."

Priceless.....

You knew me as Myday2001.

I really find it hard to dislike the Reds and their fans after the way they stepped up with us in their fury of the Classies. Their forum posters are pretty funny and Brandon Phillips nailed it right on the head when he called them out last year.

I need to explain what's wrong with La Russa/St. Louis to a bunch of non-Brewer, non-Cardinals fans. Is there an article or post that sums up the whole situation somewhere on here?

Sounds like Garcia could use some anger management. Seems like a nice guy though as long as you don't upset him or do anything to get him out of his routine.
Actually, my first thought was an anxiety disorder, given that disruptions to his routine can cause problems.
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived