Brewer Fanatic

Cardinals' grassy-knollers are out..... [Update, reply #222: Molina suspended for five games]

StearnsFTW
Now he is calling out our fans for being angry that they hit Braun. He is talking about how much worse the pitches to Pujols were than the two to Braun. I cannot stand LaRussa. You beaned our best (or second best) player in retaliation to a pitch you knew was unintentional. So now you bean guys because our pitches pitch inside!

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Everything I've heard from players and people that are around the Brewers a lot is that Braun is cocky and major jerk, but like dlks9 said, it doesn't really show much. The only thing I see him do consistently is scream and yell when he trots around the bases after he hits a big home run.

Didn't Yadi have a major freak out against us a few years back? I think he was behind the plate catching and disagreed with the ump and just lost his mind and left all his gear right on the plate. What a nut. Anyone with a neck tattoo is at least a little bit crazy.

Who are these players and people?

I have a close relative that played pro ball that has contact with basically all of the ML players that are from Wisconsin or played at the college level in WI from the last 20 yrs. They all pretty much say the same thing...he's a prick. That's all I know, but it's pretty much unanimous among 5 or so guys so I'm sure it's at least partially true.

As for the people who work for them, I've had friends that work for/ have worked for the Brewers who said the same thing and just a had a client who was with the Brewers who said he was by far the biggest dick of all players.

As I said before, I don't see it and frankly don't care. I just want players that I root for to be a)good b)abide by the law.

I have a close friend who works for the Brewers that has always told me that Braun is one of the most approachable players on the team.
I have heard the same thing from people I know that work for the Brewers or work with the Brewers. He has also always been gracious when I've seen him at dinner with family or friends at the restaurant.

So in the past two days Larussa has whined about

1. The scoreboard lights

2. Stealing signs

3. Pitching to close to Pujols - never mind Braun being thrown at twice

4. Our announcers being biased - never mind his announcers insane bias against the Brewers untucking their shirts

5. Our fans being mean to him

Unbelievable! Good thing it isnt a 4 game series

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

1. The scoreboard lights

2. Stealing signs

4. Our announcers being biased - never mind his announcers insane bias against the Brewers untucking their shirts

6. Latroy Hawkins not coming set when there's nobody on base.

1. The scoreboard lights

2. Stealing signs

6. Latroy Hawkins not coming set when there's nobody on base.
If Tony really cared about this game, maybe he shouldnt have left his starter in there for 120 pitches when he was getting rocked. It was 7-5 when Jackson should have been pulled at the latest.

I have a close relative that played pro ball that has contact with basically all of the ML players that are from Wisconsin or played at the college level in WI from the last 20 yrs. They all pretty much say the same thing...he's a prick. That's all I know, but it's pretty much unanimous among 5 or so guys so I'm sure it's at least partially true.

As for the people who work for them, I've had friends that work for/ have worked for the Brewers who said the same thing and just a had a client who was with the Brewers who said he was by far the biggest dick of all players.

As I said before, I don't see it and frankly don't care. I just want players that I root for to be a)good b)abide by the law.

I wholeheartedly disagree with you. I've been to about 100 different spring training practices and have watched Braun repeatedly be gracious and friendly with fans, coaches, teammates all the time. If you want a cocky/jerk/prick type (AT THE TIME) you could see it oozing out of Brett Lawrie.

I've had multiple conversations with him, one of which was discussing the WBC right before he went to play in it. We talked for 10 minutes. He was signing autos the entire time. A cocky/jerk/prick type pro athlete wouldn't do that. Braun gets it when it comes to his status in the game and he also gets it when it comes to marketability. He isn't going to do anything to mess that up.

LaRussa complains about the fans.

http://sports.yahoo.com/m...cardinals-larussainsults

Good thing he´s in Wisconsin, so he can have some high quality cheese with that whine.
I have to say, everything else aside, he has a right to complain about this stuff. Fans who insult family members, wish illness or injury on people, etc., are a small minority, but they do exist, and they should crawl back under the rocks they came from. That said, LaRussa's self-importance and arrogance still shine through, because he acts as if those jerks (who exist everywhere in equal proportion . . . okay, more in Philly) give him the right to generalize about all Milwaukee fans.

One of the things that mystifies me about the arrogance of some Cardinal types toward the Brewers is that Milwaukee and St. Louis may very well be the two most similar cities in MLB. Both cities have blue collar attitudes, people are generally pretty friendly and approachable, quality of life matters more than pace of life . . . St. Louis has worse summers and Milwaukee has worse winters, but basically StL is a slightly larger variation on Milwaukee. Cardinal fans, by and large, would love the untucking thing if Mike Cameron explained it to them. Arrogance from Yankee fans enrages me; arrogance from (a subgroup of) Cards fans just confuses me.

Well, since Braun is from California and he played college in Florida, your close relative must not have had contact with him. Also, how does a close relative (in the singular) turn into '5 or so' guys.

I think Braun is just one of those guys who provokes strong feelings in that segment of people who don't like him and because of that those same folks can't figure out why anyone would like him.

I can't wait to see hoe the Crew is treated in STL next week. I'm sure that by that point there will be a sizeable group of fans down there who have somehow twisted all of this into the Brewers somehow having done them wrong and that the Cards are the victims.

LaRussa complains about the fans.

http://sports.yahoo.com/m...cardinals-larussainsults

Good thing he´s in Wisconsin, so he can have some high quality cheese with that whine.
This was the best one:

"But when you watch and you ignore our guy

get drilled when the other guy gets a little stinger, it’s irritating.”

So Saito's 91 mph tailing fastball is getting "drilled" and the 97 mph fastball Motte hit Braun with is a "little stinger". Go have another Budweiser.

First let me say that I hate Tony LaRussa more than anyone who has ever put on a uniform. Only Boras and the DH are worse in terms of cosmic forces.

Having said that. I think that Tony may be playing this shrewdly. I think he's trying to bait the Brewers who he knows is going to be his competition down the stretch. He wants them to get emotional and distracted. He wants to start something so there's retaliation and animosity, feeling that his veterans can handle it better than the younger Brewers. This kind of thing happens in the NHL all the time, NBA too. Not a bad idea to give it a whirl.

That said, I was glad to hear Casey talk about how important it is to remain on an even keel, not get too emotional, and be professional in your approach.

Did I ever say how much I hate LaRussa...

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Tbadder, I'm sure that a lot of what LaRussa's doing is head games. Not really sure how much it worked. (Sure didn't work for Edwin Jackson). What he's done over the last 3 days is above and beyond 'head games' though, he's a complete disruption at this point.

I wonder if maybe the 2008 Brewers might have fallen victim to a tactic like this. I don't know so much these days......Prince among others seems to be a little more 'serene' these days about the nonsense that's going on.

This stuff just keeps getting better.

A LaRussa whining timeline......

http://www.thebrewersbar....a-russas-complaints.html

Jaime Garcia can't pitch well if his room service is late...........

http://www.stltoday.com/s...0f31a.html#ixzz1U09Yjf68

Wow...........what is Garcia, a 14 year old girl?

"He gets upset if he has to wait 15 minutes for a taxi". Seriously?

Get a grip man.

Archived