Brewer Fanatic

Cardinals' grassy-knollers are out..... [Update, reply #222: Molina suspended for five games]

StearnsFTW

I was wondering why LaRussa wears those sunglasses during night games. That LED board must really hurt his eyes from his hangover. The Cardinals have someone assigned to keep him from taking the Miller Brewery tour on this trip, right?

Just once when the Cardinals start this bean ball junk, I would love for the hitter to turn towards the dug out and and starting calling out LaRussa for his inane code of ethics.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was wondering why LaRussa wears those sunglasses during night games. That LED board must really hurt his eyes from his hangover. The Cardinals have someone assigned to keep him from taking the Miller Brewery tour on this trip, right?
Come on now. LaRussa would never stoop to doing something so unclassy as drinking beer. He would however have a couple glasses of wine.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Come on now. LaRussa would never stoop to doing something so unclassy as drinking beer. He would however have a couple glasses of wine.

The wine would be used to wash down the two cups of brandy and 5 doubles of tequila...

@BrewCrewCritic on Twitter "Racing Sausages" - "Huh?"

the glasses are because LaRussa is still recovering from lupus, I thought. I know he's been wearing them for what seems like forever, but that's the latest reason. Not trying to be funny here, it's the truth.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

DISCLAIMER: I am in no way attempting to defend Molina's actions. He clearly overreacted and deserves to be fined and suspended.

However, Brian and Bill were talking like he's going to be suspended for 20 games, "He could be gone for a WHILE." I honestly don't think he intentionally spit on the ump, and while bumping him multiple times is incredibly stupid, I feel like the ump overreacted by throwing his head back when all that got bumped was his chest. I have no idea what the actual suspension will be, but I feel like 5-7games would be about right. The more the merrier, though.

the glasses are because LaRussa is still recovering from lupus, I thought. I know he's been wearing them for what seems like forever, but that's the latest reason. Not trying to be funny here, it's the truth.
I had no idea about that and thought I was the only person who thought those lenses had tint to them, but that would make sense then.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
That bean ball "war" was typical LaRussa too. Throw chin music just because your meal ticket was unintentionally hit on the wrist...unless Saito actually was trying to load the bases in a tie game. I'm not sure.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I feel like the ump overreacted by throwing his head back when all that got bumped was his chest.

I assumed Rob Drake reacted there to spittle flying from the foaming mouth of the rabid Molina. I don't think I've ever seen a player act like such a buffoon before. This was really unbelievably out of line, though sadly not out of character for Molina. I can't think of a bigger jackwagon in all of MLB (players) than him.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

This gem had me laughing for a bit...

Even if its unintentional, you don't pitch that close to the best player

in the game, plus they had been pitching close the whole game which

proves that they had been working that area the whole time so yeah, you

hit us, we send a message. Plus Pujols could have reinjured himself.

I feel like the ump overreacted by throwing his head back when all that got bumped was his chest.

I assumed Rob Drake reacted there to spittle flying from the foaming mouth of the rabid Molina. I don't think I've ever seen a player act like such a buffoon before. This was really unbelievably out of line, though sadly not out of character for Molina. I can't think of a bigger jackwagon in all of MLB (players) than him.

Reminiscent of the Molina/Phillips incident last year.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

My guess on Molina is somewhere around 7 games, with it being reduced to about 5 after an appeal. Cardinals fans will complain about Bud Selig's pro-Brewers bias no matter what the decision is, even though he'll have nothing to do with the suspension.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

He's recovering from shingles. I had the exact same thing and it started in my eye. Worst illness I've ever had, by far, and I would completely wish it on my worst enemy. Also, LaRussa has been wearing tinted glasses forever.

Its getting worse.....

"I don't know why we're talking about the Brewers being cheaters when there are bigger problems in the world. Like how Robin Yount has been molesting children for decades."

Come on, that's pretty funny.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Now LaRussa is saying it's better to intentionally bean a guy in the back than unintentionally bean someone in the wrist. He is a complete buffoon.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Kudos to the reporter from WTMJ. Not only did he instigate La Russa, but he made him look pretty stupid in defending Motte's beanball.

I can't believe I've been so blinded all of these years. The Cardinals are way more insufferable than the Cubs -- it's one thing to be loud, obnoxious and arrogant. It's another to be so sanctimonious and hypocritical, like the Cardinals have been for years. I will be very upset if they win the division this season.

He's recovering from shingles. I had the exact same thing and it started in my eye. Worst illness I've ever had, by far, and I would completely wish it on my worst enemy. Also, LaRussa has been wearing tinted glasses forever.
ah, heck, you're right, it's shingles. I knew that, too. Why did I type lupus??? That makes me laugh right now that I typed that. It's pretty late, I guess.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

ah, heck, you're right, it's shingles. I knew that, too. Why did I type lupus??? That makes me laugh right now that I typed that. It's pretty late, I guess.
Watching too much House?
This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

I love (sarcasm) how there is an apparent double standard in the Cardinals mind about how the game is played. I was listening to the post game audio with TLR and if he is not booed mercilessly tomorrow then I will be disappointed. Also since when is it OK to pitch inside against an opponent then when the team does it you then there are reasons to be upset. To me lately the Cards seem like a bunch of whiny girls then when things don't go there way they pout and and complain. I will take great satisfaction when we hang on and win the division.

DISCLAIMER: I am in no way attempting to defend Molina's actions. He clearly overreacted and deserves to be fined and suspended.

However, Brian and Bill were talking like he's going to be suspended for 20 games, "He could be gone for a WHILE." I honestly don't think he intentionally spit on the ump, and while bumping him multiple times is incredibly stupid, I feel like the ump overreacted by throwing his head back when all that got bumped was his chest. I have no idea what the actual suspension will be, but I feel like 5-7games would be about right. The more the merrier, though.

...and then there is the complete other end of the spectrum. One of the Cardinals TV announcers claimed that Yadi was being pushed by the umpire first. Later in the clip, the radio announcers placed all the blame on the umpire saying, "Drake took the helmet off and started barking at Yadier. Then Yadier got right in his face." I usually don't have a problem with the local TV or radio crew being homers, but there has to be a limit.

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=17599219&topic_id=&c_id=mlb&tcid=vpp_copy_17599219&v=3

For the record, all I did was go over there and read. I didn't sign up to troll. That's not my style (anymore. Destroying the ESPN Giants board back in 2001-2002 was enough for me).

ANYways, it seems like just about any fan base, most of the guys over there seem pretty reasonable, and then there's a few going off the deep end, and the one nut with the Simpson avatar who can come to no conclusion but cheating. There is no other explanation.

So were the Brewers not stealing signs in innings 1-4, when Carp 1 hit them? I'm not sure, and I just want to be clear.

Don't be silly. In innings 1-4, the Cardinals were stealing signs from the Brewers.

I was having an exchange with a college buddy on Facebook about the Molina stuff. I asked him why he thought Molina did a good thing by arguing and he replies "to pump the team up". And then he says "if it was one of your guys, you'd be cheering him too". Wrong. No matter how wrong, you don't bump the ump or spit at him. I'd condemn it if anyone did it. He then brings up Prince's bowling pin celebration and Braun watching his HRs, saying it's classless and selfish. So, I go to Poo....no, he's not selfish and classless for doing that. Really? Then he brings up that you shouldn't be throwing at someone who is just coming off of a hairline fracture of his wrist. Yeah, when Saito when to pitch that ball, he set the laser target to Albert's wrist, because you know the Brewers have a stash of laser guided baseballs provided to them personally by Bud Selig himself!!!

Archived