Brewer Fanatic

Cardinals' grassy-knollers are out..... [Update, reply #222: Molina suspended for five games]

StearnsFTW
Some dude on gateway redbirds is bragging about taunting Morgan and Braun out in the field last night. Says he heckled Morgan the entire game and Morgan gave him the "timeout" sign in the 9th inning. I am sure that "timeout" sign had nothing to do with the Brewer fans sitting in front of him. Don't think he quite gets it. But I am glad if he thinks Morgan was actually paying attention to him.

I came here to post this as well.

Got quite a kick out of seeing "he flashed some timeout signs at me and stared me down twice."

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Anyone see the Brewer fans with the hard hats and sign that said "Here to check the lights."? I thought that was hilarious.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Frankly, La Russa over the last few years has evolved into a curmudgeon

who stirs up trouble, thinks a little too much of his baseball genius

(to be fair, La Russa has been a fantastic manager and helped evolve devolve the

game with his bullpen usage) and runs talented young players (Colby Rasmus) out of town and likes to drink wine and fall asleep at intersections.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Now LaRussa is saying that tonight's 1st base umpire may hold a grudge against the Cardinals when he's the home plate umpire tomorrow night.
While I don't doubt this, I have failed to find a quote of this in any post game write ups, and I am not finding video or audio of any post game interview where in the Mr. LaRussa has stated these things. Do you have a link, as I'm sure I would find it to be humorous reading/viewing.

Anyone see the Brewer fans with the hard hats and sign that said "Here to check the lights."? I thought that was hilarious.

Yeah, me too.

The Miller Park thing might hold more weight if the Cardinals

could actually, you know, beat the Brewers in St. Louis. The Brewers are

20-11 there since 2008. I suppose they're stealing signs in Busch, too?

Well, clearly the Brewers had the Cards' grounds crew re-adjust the way the wall down the LF line juts out tonight, so the Jon Jay double didn't score Theriot in the 2nd inning.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I will preface this by saying that I don't think the Cardinals are stealing signs (at least not as a regular habit). However, wouldn't it be ironic if the Cards were the ones stealing signs, but the Brewers are so good at changing their signs around that the Cards can't do it, and can't hit without that crutch?

Now LaRussa is saying that tonight's 1st base umpire may hold a grudge against the Cardinals when he's the home plate umpire tomorrow night.
While I don't doubt this, I have failed to find a quote of this in any post game write ups, and I am not finding video or audio of any post game interview where in the Mr. LaRussa has stated these things. Do you have a link, as I'm sure I would find it to be humorous reading/viewing.
I saw him saying this on video on Baseball Tonight on ESPN.

Found the quote off FSN-Midwest article.......

'"But he missed the call and then a short fuse, a very undeserved ejection. We'll see how he handles tomorrow and see if he has a carryover and he gets upset and wants to take it out on us."

You knew me as Myday2001.

'"But he missed the call and then a short fuse, a very undeserved ejection. We'll see how he handles tomorrow and see if he has a carryover and he gets upset and wants to take it out on us."

I certainly hope so! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Found the quote off FSN-Midwest article.......

Oddly enough when coaches or managers yell at officials or umps they seem to change to favor the coaches that yell at them. It is one of the most annoying things in sports. I watch a coach like Tom Izzo whine and yell at officials and then they start to give his team calls. If I was the official I would be more likely to make calls against him, but that is not how it usually goes. The ump will probably be more anxious to make the wrong call against the Cards because he knows he messed up yesterday

Bernie Miklasz, Post-Dispatch Sports Columnist, tweaked La Russa a bit in his Wednesday's Bernie Bytes.

The Cardinals scored 3 runs in 10 innings at Busch Stadium in Game 1 of the Milwaukee series. Someone must have been turning down the lights when the Cardinals were hitting -- you know, cheating to give the Brewers an advantage. Right? Right?

Chris

-----

"I guess underrated pitchers with bad goatees are the new market inefficiency." -- SRB

AWESOME excerpt from Lucroy in that same article.

"There's always something when we play the Cardinals. I know

that as a player we're all kind of tired of La Russa's antics. This

is what he does. He does that to try and play mind games with you.

And he wants to get you all mad and angry and get distracted.

That's just what he does. That's how he plays the game. Same thing

with the scoreboard (lighting) thing. He is just doing it to try

and get any advantage he can. And for us, we're all just kind of

tired of it. He intentionally hit (Ryan) Braun after we

unintentionally hit Pujols. So take that as whatever you think it

means. That's just the way he is. We're not really worried about

it. We don't really care.

• 1 month later...

Does anybody have the offensive numbers at home for before and after LaRussa's accusations? Just curious because it seems like there has been a huge dropoff offensively at home since then. It's not possible that the LaRussa/Cardinals antics and mind-games could have any tangible effect, is it?

*Disclaimer: I do NOT think the Brewers were ever cheating.

Archived