Brewer Fanatic

Your ideal lineup for 2012

homer
Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Some people think these "future lineup" threads are dumb but I think they're fun. Given the stellar play of some of the guys at Nashville this year, I thought it'd be fun to put together an ideal lineup based only on who is currently in the system and who we expect to be here next year (bye bye Prince). I'm not going to toy with batting order but merely who will play where and how often (i.e. platoon vs. full time). I guarantee this won't happen because I have some high priced dudes getting platooned, but in my opinion this is what would be the best team they could field.

Catcher - Lucroy

1st - Gamel

2nd - Weeks

SS - uh, Robin Yount circa 1982? I guess we go with a Yuni/Hairston platoon? Yikes. That will have to be a free agent pickup but that's another thread.

3rd - Green

LF - Braun

CF - I'm fine with Gomez/T Plush platoon. They could potentially trade T Plush and call up Schafer.

RF - Hart/Gindl platoon

The nice thing is that the pitching staff will be exactly the same as this year.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

C- Lucroy

1B - Braun

2B - Weeks

SS - Free Agent pickup

3B - Green with Casey backing him up occasionally playing vs LHP

LF - Gamel platoon with a free agent pickup

CF - Morgan/Gomez

RF - Hart

I'd like to see Braun moved to 1B, less wear and tear on his body...

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
The Truth]
homer wrote:

The nice thing is that the pitching staff will be exactly the same as this year.

Losing K-Rod will be a big loss and tough to replace.

True. I was talking about starting pitching. I figure setup guy will be a FA pickup (even though I think there are some guys in the minors that could do it).

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Archived