Brewer Fanatic

Girls on Brewerfan my age

FoxyFoxes
  • Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She's married. The collective heart of Brewerfan.net just broke.
I'm OK with Front Row Amy being married. Just saying. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif
I'm not sure I'm OK with this, I thought my dating WOAHS were SOLVDD. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

if she's married, my question becomes what does her husband do that they bought a single season ticket and she goes alone? Is he not a baseball fan? Does he get the Packer tickets while she gets the Brewers? Is he a (Monty Python reference) poof-da?

Strange saga this is. I'm glad I'm already taken.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

all i'm thinking is how awesome it would be to have a girlfriend/wife want to go to a Brewers game as much as you, and then when you sat down, she'd say "I don't really want to talk about anything that's not baseball related. In fact, can we just not talk at all and instead focus on the game? Maybe you should invite your friends along next time so you're not bothering me."

I noticed someone seemed to be interviewing her during the game last night (we were up in the loge level behind home plate). Was this on FS-Wisconsin?

Edit: Just wanted to say I've been following her on Twitter (she follows me as well) and she just seems like a normal person who just is a really big Brewers fan. I had noticed her earlier in the season on TV, and figured she was a Brewers player's girlfriend/wife or something.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

If she was a true fan she'd be posting here. Although then you probably couldn't call her normal.

...but you could always call for a restraining order.

Is it wrong that I've been watching games all season, and even though I know she's supposed to be there, I never actually look at the people sitting behind the play? About the only time my eyes do wander into the crowd is at Minute Maid park, and that's just to see if Pres. Bush (41) and the former First Lady are at the game.

I don't get the single season ticket thing, by the way. Never once been to a game and thought to myself, "You know, I wish that I didn't have anyone sitting next to me to enjoy this game with." Not my problem, though.

I've only gone to a game by myself once. Usually it's just me and the S.O.

I enjoy the games when my brother and nephew come along, or when we sit with like one other ardent fan (so don't worry, thablingster, you're good). But when the group is bigger (like my library peeps or the S.O.'s family), I get distracted more often, my focus on the game is not as strong and I sometimes get irritated by that.

If I didn't have a terrific baseball partner in the S.O., I wouldn't rule out the possibility of continuing at least my season seat, but I wouldn't pick as high-profile a location as Front Row Amy's. I like our current locations too much.

Front Row Amy hasn't begun following me on Twitter. Of course, I totally lack Invader-level Twitter cred. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

My buddy was right behind her (3rd row) at the game last night and I sent him the deadspin article and this was his response.

That was wild....she got

interviewed by Channel 12 news while we were sitting 3 feet away. There were

50 year old guys coming up to her left and right. We didn't know who the

hell she was, figured it was a player's wife or some sort of local

celebrity. Come to find out it's some smokin' hot 42 year old house wife

that is now the latest craze in Brewer Nation??

I don't look at the crowd either during the game on TV. But last night I finally noticed her (now that I knew what to look for). I never saw her keeping score. I never even saw her holding a scorebook/program/whatever. She was always clapping, cheering, etc.

Maybe she's not that hardcore of a scorekeeper (i.e. keeping the count, etc. on the scorebook) like I do when I keep score.

Maybe she does the bare minimum, marking "FO" for a fly out, "GO" for ground out, "SO" for strikeout, etc. and only does it in-between plays. Scorebook protocol is so varied for everyone. You could probably make a coffee table book about the different styles and varieties of keeping score of a baseball game.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

It makes me a little sad that it's such a big deal that a girl/woman likes baseball and keeps score. Is that really so rare? I mean, I realize we females are rare around these parts, but that doesn't seem to be the case Brewer Nation-wide. We have five girls of a staff of 14 over at BrewCrewBall. Twitter seems to have a decent amount of female Brewers tweeters.

I guess I just feel like in this day and age it shouldn't be so shocking that a girl might like and be knowledgeable about sports.

I don't have any stats to back this up but I would imagine most of the females at MP would not have any idea how to even begin scoring a baseball game and are more there for the atmosphere, or what have you. If I asked a random woman walking down the concourse what position 4 was, I'd probably get slapped.

Not to say that there are no women who keep score or are more than just casual fans, but I still feel like it is probably an overwhelming minority even amongst those females who pay some attention to sports.

tristar, I didn't mean to offend you or demean women about not knowing how to keep score. That was not my intention and I apologize.

I was only making a point that I never saw her doing it last night when earlier in the thread some posts made it sound like she was a hardcore scorekeeper that does every game like she was keeping her own statistics or something (maybe she does?) With my eyes, I didn't see that level of hardcore-ness in scorekeeping that I expected to see.

- - - - - - - - -

tristar, I didn't mean to offend you or demean women about not knowing how to keep score. That was not my intention and I apologize.

I was only making a point that I never saw her doing it last night when earlier in the thread some posts made it sound like she was a hardcore scorekeeper that does every game like she was keeping her own statistics or something (maybe she does?) With my eyes, I didn't see that level of hardcore-ness in scorekeeping that I expected to see.

Oh no, I'm not offended, no worries. I was just struck by how many people in the thread seem to think that women being interested in baseball was strange. Maybe I'm more attuned to it since I am a female sportswriter and got a lot a crap about it as I was going through school. I work with and am friends with a lot of female sports fans, so I'm probably insulated and am always surprised when people act like its weird. Made me feel like I belong in a zoo or something http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Oh no, I'm not offended, no worries. I was just struck by how many people in the thread seem to think that women being interested in baseball was strange. Maybe I'm more attuned to it since I am a female sportswriter and got a lot a crap about it as I was going through school. I work with and am friends with a lot of female sports fans, so I'm probably insulated and am always surprised when people act like its weird. Made me feel like I belong in a zoo or something http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

My wife isn't a baseball fan. She will definitely go to a game with me but I doubt she could name more than 2-3 Brewers. I would say that you have a somewhat unusual group of friends.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

tristarscoop]Oh no, I'm not offended, no worries. I was just struck by how many people in the thread seem to think that women being interested in baseball was strange. Maybe I'm more attuned to it since I am a female sportswriter and got a lot a crap about it as I was going through school. I work with and am friends with a lot of female sports fans, so I'm probably insulated and am always surprised when people act like its weird. Made me feel like I belong in a zoo or something http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif
It took me 10 years to get my mom and sister into baseball. Now they can't get enough. There's also a huge group of women (and guys...) who go to the ballpark simply to drink and in hopes of Ryan Braun becoming smitten by them yelling 'RYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNN" for the 3 innings they are in their seats.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Almost all of the women I hang out with could name most of the brewers players, explain a play, obscure rules, and score a game. And I don't really hang out with Tristar's friends http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Especially in Wisconsin, I think there's less of a gender bias when it comes to both baseball and football.

Unrelated - there's nothing more annoying than when I sit down at a game with my scorebook, and some yahoo offers to teach me to keep score. If I have a scorebook (with many completed pages) I already know how, thanks. Oddly enough, this hasn't happened since I had a ring on my finger.

Almost all of the women I hang out with could name most of the brewers players, explain a play, obscure rules, and score a game. And I don't really hang out with Tristar's friends http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Especially in Wisconsin, I think there's less of a gender bias when it comes to both baseball and football.

Unrelated - there's nothing more annoying than when I sit down at a game with my scorebook, and some yahoo offers to teach me to keep score. If I have a scorebook (with many completed pages) I already know how, thanks. Oddly enough, this hasn't happened since I had a ring on my finger.

The BF and I keep score and we switch off half innings. Probably once a game someone asks why we keep score - except they always ask me. He's holding the book for half the game, but I'm the one that gets the third-degree.

Archived