Brewer Fanatic

Girls on Brewerfan my age

FoxyFoxes
  • Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not trying to be disrespectful at all but...my single buddy from Portland keeps noticing this woman that sits right behind home plate in the front row to the left of home plate that is always in tube tops and he says she even keeps score every game. He just said to me - how can I find out who she is? So I said where I go for all of my Brewer info - Brewerfan.net! Anyone have any info for my man in Oregon - an ultimate scouting report! Sorry to be so off topic but she is there today...

I think two of the posters on Brewerscubs.com found her on Facebook and became friends with her. They said they debate baseball with her all the time but she doesn't really know much about sports.

Off topic, but speaking of The Doorman, has anyone noticed him in his seats since TLR whined about some fans? I don't recall seeing him.

His appearances have been sporadic all year so I doubt that has anything to do with it.

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Off topic, but speaking of The Doorman, has anyone noticed him in his seats since TLR whined about some fans? I don't recall seeing him.

His appearances have been sporadic all year so I doubt that has anything to do with it.

I did actually sit behind him at a game earlier this year and he wasn't in his normal seats. I am wondering if he's mixing it up a bit and trying out different views of the ballpark.

My friend mentioned this girl while at a game a month ago. As we were filing out and waiting by our car to get out of the lot, he sees her, runs up to her and tried making conversation... all I remember is she's from the Appleton area and has season tix by herself apparently.

My friend mentioned this girl while at a game a month ago. As we were filing out and waiting by our car to get out of the lot, he sees her, runs up to her and tried making conversation... all I remember is she's from the Appleton area and has season tix by herself apparently.

So she's nice looking, single, and has season tix?!?! Hmmm. Interesting. I think I'll go chat her up next time I'm at the game and then post a TR.

Nah he's been there. He was there last night.

There's also the

Doug Melvin kinda lookalike guy that you can see in the background on

front shots of right handed batters (often same shot that you see the

doorman in).

I thought I was the only one! They'll show that shot and I'll see The Doorman and a few people to the left is this man around DM's age with a classic DM 'stache. He always fools me and I always think it's Melvin. Then I realize that DM wouldn't wear a plain T-shirt to a game and he would probably sit with Mark A or in his seats.

You don't have an Adam Wainwright. Easily the best gentlemen in all of sports. You don't have the amount of real good old American men like the Cardinals do. Holliday, Wainwright, Skip, Berkman those 4 guys are incredible people

GhostofQuantrill

guess i don't mean to turn this insane thread on a tangent, but as long as we're on the subject ??? what are you methods of landing a chick, or if you have one, how'd you sucker her in? ignore me if this doesn't quite fit in with what we're talking about here. although what are we talking about here?

what are you methods of landing a chick, or if you have one, how'd you sucker her in?
I'll resist the urge to be snarky here. Seriously, though - match.com. I got divorced last year, forcing me back into the dating world after 10 years. I had always made fun of "internt dating", but now I describe it as walking into a bar where everyone is looking to date. You can filter by a ton of different options without anyone knowing that you're searching for a tall blond, thin, liberal woman who makes over $75k (or whatever trips your trigger). I went out with several people (yes, one was crazy) before finding my current girlfriend. Its really easy and not sketchy at all.

guess i don't mean to turn this insane thread on a tangent, but as long as we're on the subject ??? what are you methods of landing a chick, or if you have one, how'd you sucker her in? ignore me if this doesn't quite fit in with what we're talking about here. although what are we talking about here?

I try to meet girls through a common friend, that way you don't have to overcome that initial "is he a serial killer" fear women put up. Probably most of the girls I've met and dated were the friend of a girl one of my friends was dating. Plus, you immediately have something to talk about, your mutual friends. Something like "you're Jenny's friend, right? Have we met before" is a much better pick up line than anything you can say to a random girl at the bar.

That being said, my current girlfriend "picked me up" at a bar by getting me to take a picture of her and her friends, then standing next to me until I struck up a conversation.

I met my wife online before it was acceptable to do that sort of thing. That was about 9 years ago. Meeting people online definitely doesn't have the same stigma attached to it that it did then. There are also more reputable sites.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Yeah, my wife and I have quite a few friends who have dated and gotten married through match.com and other dating sites. Probably at least half a dozen couples we know have gotten married after meeting this way.

We met through friends like normal people, though.

(Sorry, had to get that one in there!)

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

I met JaDerHeyski through this now sketchy and now defunct site called MySpace (some of you older people may remember it http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif). We AIM'd for about a month at the end of the 07 season before meeting in real life.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

I met JaDerHeyski through this now sketchy and now defunct site called MySpace (some of you older people may remember it http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif). We AIM'd for about a month at the end of the 07 season before meeting in real life.

I like how you explain what MySpace was, while assuming the younger generation remembers AIM. What was the other instant messenger that was popular before that? I think it had a "Q" in the name, but now I forget.

Taking this thread further off-topic, does anyone have to come up with a cover story for how you met your significant other? My wife and I have the true story, and then the story we tell everyone else since the true story involves a Mardi Gras party and me with a fistful of beads. We usually just tell people "college" and leave it at that. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif
Gruber Lawffices

I like how you explain what MySpace was, while assuming the younger generation remembers AIM. What was the other instant messenger that was popular before that? I think it had a "Q" in the name, but now I forget.

ICQ. I still remember my ICQ #, even though my account was long ago deleted and I haven't used that program in years.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Whatever the deal is behind the Benevolent Order of the Goat, the number one Google search result for it is Invader's post above.

I saw that too on Thursday, and only wish I'd had my camera ready to snap a photo.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

So sad I missed this thread at the beginning. Teehee.

And for the record - I'm a female, and I met my husband on BrewerFan. I believe he was impressed that I had full season tickets. Or, maybe he just wanted my ticket seniority and it's all going to end now that he's on the account.

The "women of BrewerFan" included an out-of-state fan as well. All I remember is the taco dip.

Archived