Brewer Fanatic

Hideki Matsui

Ok, we've got a thread for Giambi and Stairs and even Overbay. Some have mentioned Thome.

But the guy I want is Matsui who has been on an absolute tear recently (24 for his last 47). Yeah, it might take a little more to get him since he's been a regular DH, but who wouldn't want to see Matsui stroll to the plate late in games instead of Kotsay or heaven forbid, Counsell.

I'd be curious to see who would grab him before us in the National League. Honestly, I think he would probably get all the way to Cincinnati and if not them maybe Arizona before he is claimed. I just don't think Cubs, Astros, Padres, Dodgers, Rockies, Mets, Marlins or Nationals would put claims in on him when they all are likely out of the chase. Maybe the Pirates but they now have Ludwick, McCutchen and Tabata, when he returns, in the OF.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to see them go after Matsui. He never had a very drastic L/R split, & has actually hit LHP well so far this season (better than RHP). Perfect late-inning PH guy.

I agree with KegStand, I'd much rather see Matsui than Lopez.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Supposedly, he has made through waiver per Rotoworld. Kotsay seems to be swinging a decent bat, probably don't need him.
It's not so much a matter of need or that Kotsay's been bad, but trying to find the best 25 possible to win in the postseason. Beyond Kotsay, your next lefthanded PH options are Counsell, Lopez and Kottaras. Matsui would go to number one on the list and push Kotsay to #2. In September sure they'll add both Gamel and Green, but neither would be playoff eligible.

If you think positively, they'll need a DH in the World Series too, and who better than a Matsui?

Archived