Brewer Fanatic

2011-08-01 Cardinals (Carpenter) at Brewers (Greinke) -- [Brewers win, 6-2]

1992casey
  • Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We may think LaRussa is a good manager but it seems like Cards fans are getting sick of him. They blame home for making Mozeliak trade Rasmus because they couldn't get along.

Great win; no matter what we still still be 1.5 games up when the series is done. I am greedy though; lets get another one tommorrow.

Morgan might be the singlest greatest transaction in the Melvin era. I hate to think where we would be without that guy. It is pretty easy to see why opposing teams and fans would hate the guy though.

This is the 7th straight season he has a BABIP above MLB average. That's a product of pounding the plate.

This is probably partially true but part of it also comes from pitching for the worst defense in the AL and then the worst defense in the NL as well. There is no way he deserves a 4.40 ERA when his peripherals suggest a low 3, his career ERA to FIP/xFIP gaps are nowhere near that large.

Listening to the Cardinals' submoronic TV announcers talk about how great it is for the Brewers to have Kotsay and Counsell on the bench, I honestly didn't know whether to laugh or cry. Also, for Brewers fans of a certain age, it's really weird to see Cal Eldred on St. Louis TV as the hometown hero. At least Cal, unlike Ricky Horton and Al Hrabosky, has a brain in his head.

azredbirds wrote

Good God Nyjer Morgan is a punk---- (A female canine animal, especially a dog). Watching the Brewer broadcast on MLB.com....yeesh.

I saw the same thing....I would rather lose than win with a guy like that on my team

I saw this quote and was just going to post the same thing.....Are St Louis fans that dense that they balk at T Plush, when they have Baby Jesus and et al on their team? A lot of people here on BF were giving Gomez grief for his bat flipping and to some extent Braun when he used to stare down his homers but it seems to me (could be anecdotal evidence) that STL fans let a lot of things slide on their own team.

dlk9s]Just shaved 2 games off our magic number! :P
I've been superstitiously afraid to post 'magic number' graphics so far this season. I don't even know the current number.

Let's all have a moment of forum silence for Chris Carpenter's son. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/indifferent.gif

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

a few things I noticed in tonight's game:

1. All that sweat by Carpenter seemed unnatural. I can't replay the game anymore but is it possible that he "soaked" his jersey and hat before taking the mound for the 5th inning due to the warmth in the park in hopes that it would help him cool off? I just don't remember it being so sweaty in the 1st-4th innings and then WHAMMO he was soaked.

2. Yuni appealing to first base is not the first time he did that. I saw on either Saturday or Sunday (don't remember which) on an even closer call. My guess is he was trying to tell the home plate ump something along the lines of, "hey, I didn't swing, nuh uh, you better check down there ump" except in Spanish.

3. I was quite surprised that LaRussa stayed in the dugout and was quite mellow on a) the double play ball to end the 6th inning, and b) the check swing dribbler by Pujols in the 7th (or was it the 8th?). I thought for sure he'd come on out and talk about it with the umps.

4. With Estrada and Dillard getting so little work, are they getting throwing in before the game (simulated games perhaps?) to at least remain a little bit sharp? I know they throw every day but is it in game-type situations?

5. Don't worry topper, I thought the same thing regarding only 5 more wins to free burgers.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I was thinking the same thing about Carpenter's jersey too. Greinke didnt seem to be anywhere near as "sweaty" as him, even though it would show up more prominently on a gray jersey vs a white jersey.
Formerly AirShuttle6104

Oh, it was sweaty at the ballpark tonight. I'm lucky I spent the first five innings in the club with my ticket rep so I could dip in and out of the suite when I wanted to cool down.

Fun game to be at, always nice to get a win over the hated Cardinals. Lets do it again tomorrow!

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

7 in a row. Everyone finally playing to their respective potentials. Love it.

Well, I don't think McGehee is quite playing to his potential yet.

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

3. I was quite surprised that LaRussa stayed in the dugout and was quite mellow on a) the double play ball to end the 6th inning, and b) the check swing dribbler by Pujols in the 7th (or was it the 8th?). I thought for sure he'd come on out and talk about it with the umps.

Me thinks these might be signs of his hang-over. Just saying.

hawing wrote:
Just shaved 2 games off our magic number! :P
I've been superstitiously afraid to post 'magic number' graphics so far this season. I don't even know the current number.

I think it's time to set the clock.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

You would have thought the runner and 1st base coach would have been barking about that DP call but since they weren't there wasn't any reason for Tony to come out. On the Pujols tap, the ump was right on it, really nothing to argue. Yeah, I know, Tony doesn't always need a reason to argue.

Archived